Gopro hero 3 longevity?

BaGearA

Hi guys i would like to know if anybody has hero 3 silver or white from 2012/13 and if so have you had any issues with it recently not like does not work, I mean like batteries are shot or software updates required ?

So not big issues I just want to know if there wil be stuff like this in the future I nee to be prepared for.

Thanks any help greatly appreciated.

Hi guys i would like to know if anybody has hero 3 silver or white from 2012/13 and if so have you had any issues with it recently not like does not work, I mean like batteries are shot or software updates required ?

So not big issues I just want to know if there wil be stuff like this in the future I nee to be prepared for.

I got the Black edition, no problems at all, fits into GP4 housings if you looking for spares,  not all shops carry spare batteries because of GP4 marketing but plenty available online, firmware updates have stopped for these models but with the specs maxed out for that generation, you won't need more anyway.

All in all, it's taken a hammering and still works fine.

there shouldn't be anymore firmware updates outstanding on an older model like that

if its an older one that you want to buy or are having problems with just remember batteries on these are like cellphones they don't last forever and need to be replaced eventually but the camera will work fine the charge just doesn't last for as long as it says it will

if your battery is really not holding a charge like it should dump it and get new one running on flat/maxed out batteries isn't good for any camera

I had a silver 3 worked great now have a black 4 :thumbup: super cams

Ebay for Gopro spares, batteries, whatever you need. Cheap as chips! Just have to be patient though.

Archived