Mirror mirror on my.....

DoubleJ

Looking at some safety precautionary measures currently.....

Anyone have an opinion on this sunglasses mounted mirror? 

There's no local stockists, but seems you can buy from Ebay. Maybe someone here has already imported one and  tried it?

post-67031-0-17920500-1436011412_thumb.jpg

Only useful for places where they drive on the right hand side. Not gonna be much help here.

Only useful for places where they drive on the right hand side. Not gonna be much help here.

Nee man komaan....you just put the mirror on the right side of your head for SA driving conditions.

Seen a couple of people around riding with these. No idea where to get them, though.

There are also little mirrors you push into your road bike bar ends that work really well. Hope you come right.

A while back I saw an old lady on a comuter with something simular mounted to her helmet,but it looked a bit daft imho.

Seen a couple of people around riding with these. No idea where to get them, though.

There are also little mirrors you push into your road bike bar ends that work really well. Hope you come right.

Have seen these bar end mirrrors aswell,would rather go for that.

Thanks chom, I saw those bar-end mirrors as well. I'm normally up and down in my saddle so I'd like to get something that moves with me.

I try to stay away from tarmac, but unfortunately sometimes I have to ride where there's heavy traffic to get to the gravel.....I'm one of those okes that if I turn my head to check behind me, my bike moves in that direction as well. 

Have seen these bar end mirrrors aswell,would rather go for that.

I really am not bothered wanting to look cool if you know what I mean, I know a mirror on a race or mtb bike creates a few laughs....I'd rather just get home safely.

Nee man komaan....you just put the mirror on the right side of your head for SA driving conditions.

The bar end one's are better boet. The one's on eBay will be US specific and might not be reversible. You are welcome to try though but it's not for me.

I wonder how safe they are in a crash? Eyeball on a skewer?

Yeesh I never thought about that. I see you get a small mirror you stick on the INSIDE of your shades.....elledgedly this also works, wonder how effective it is.

post-67031-0-24731400-1436019292_thumb.jpg

To b honest, if I were you I would practice looking backwards without losing your line, moreh an worrying about a mirror. Make sure you have some good rimless sunglasses so that you rotate your head the least, and practice on your street or a quiet parking lot to look around without moving off a straight line.

I struggled at first but have learnt not to move my body but just rotate my neck, and to look a lot faster than I did at first.

You'll be much safer than relying on a mirror for a long long time.

I agree with drago .... :thumbup:

look back properly

while you hold your line

mirrors have blind spots ....

and seriously dude you will look like a total plonker with that thing sticking out from  your head :eek:  :w00t:

Archived