Spinning bike for training - opinions please.

Roadie_

Thanks Squier. I also prefer a spinning bike. Yip, bit unnatural, but easier to park in spot where it's ready. Looking for a quiet one, so it's seems that belt is best...hopefully smooth though. Will browse shops and online (2nd hand) over week-end.

What I mean is that the belt drive feels unnatural as opposed to the chain drive that feels more like riding an actual bike. But, it's personal preference, that's all it is.

The only thing good about a spinning bike is the view, which - unfortunately - you won't be able to purchase for home usage...

What I mean is that the belt drive feels unnatural as opposed to the chain drive that feels more like riding an actual bike. But, it's personal preference, that's all it is.

A chain is probably better as closer to a bike, but think I'll opt for belt as quieter I believe. Will need to test both. Thanks for input.

And sign yourself up for a decent race - nothing like a bit of motivation to stop it from becoming a clothes hangar!

Star trac is the way foreward if you can find a second hand bike. These things lose huge value after they are bought, and people can't give them away. The cheap sportmans brands and Trojan are real junk, and parts are not easy to come by.

And sign yourself up for a decent race - nothing like a bit of motivation to stop it from becoming a clothes hangar!

Yip, considering the one tonner...therefore need some winter training.

do you have a gym contract ? Have you tried spinning before ? Spinning bikes and IDT's are not for everyone, if you get bored easily then you not going to make use of this.

I have considered it many times, but I get bored easily, i'm not a fan of TV so that doesnt help. I enjoy the outdoors and train outdoors even in winter.

Make sure its for your before spending 5k

Cadence cycling type training to get you into it - I swear I became addicted after the first three or so classes.

IDT/spin bike for in between. Sufferfest is brilliant. Just did one in the hotel gym on my iphone. No way I'd kark off as much on my own whilst spinning on holiday....or any other time for that matter. Well worth paying for the videos.

do you have a gym contract ? Have you tried spinning before ? Spinning bikes and IDT's are not for everyone, if you get bored easily then you not going to make use of this.

I have considered it many times, but I get bored easily, i'm not a fan of TV so that doesnt help. I enjoy the outdoors and train outdoors even in winter.

Make sure its for your before spending 5k

Thanks for input, yip I'm torn between classes vs my own (flexible) time at home on a spinning bike....but I do get bored easily, but at least my wife can then also use it. Decisions, decisions....