Slacker bike with a 140 mm travel

Runbikeswim

When will the 2016 Giant Trance bikes be available, or atleats the specs?

I’m halfway through may save towards a PYGA, but I have recently seen some awesome bikes and started to have doubt.

1st  2016 Trance…. The 2014 and 2015 Trance is an amazing beautiful powerful  machine! So what will the 2016 have

2nd A bit interested in the cube bikes I saw at trailhead, but scared of the short warrantee

3rd I saw a bike on FB last night called a Transition' Scout, requested the specs but man it’s a beaut !

So if you had to choose a slacker bike with a 140 mm travel, 650b in true Trance / Pyga style with a 40K budget what would it be ?

( and yes I can get both for that price)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

"2nd A bit interested in the cube bikes I saw at trailhead, but scared of the short warrantee"

Do you ride hard enough to break a frame?

If you can stretch the budget a bit, look at the Banshee Spitfire. 

Also, the Scout is 125mm bike, but its one very very capable bike. 

"2nd A bit interested in the cube bikes I saw at trailhead, but scared of the short warrantee"

Do you ride hard enough to break a frame?

Well hard enough not to want to chance it... Vs the lifetime of giant and pyga

Have a look at these, and you can get one right now - G2G has stock - Zesty 427 

http://mtbs.cz/media/clanky/47916/titulka/1_LapierreZesty427_gal_perv.jpg

RoboJedi....Have a look at the Lapierre bud. Great trail bikes, and keenly priced!

A decently specked Pyga is going to cost you min 55k anyway, so that Spitfire isn't overpericed per say. 

Trance is a cool bike. Few upgrades turn it into a great trail bike, but upgrades cost mega bucks. The mandatory Pike these days is gonna cost you 12k on its own :-)

... mandatory Pike these days is gonna cost you 12k on its own :-)

Or just be a bit patient, wait for the RS Yari and XT 11 Speed to become available and you can still build a great Pyga for sub R50k.  There are some big launches coming soon, so patience is the name of the game if you're going to spend money soon.

I’m halfway through may save towards a PYGA, but I have recently seen some awesome bikes and started to have doubt.

1st  2016 Trance…. The 2014 and 2015 Trance is an amazing beautiful powerful  machine! So what will the 2016 have

2nd A bit interested in the cube bikes I saw at trailhead, but scared of the short warrantee

3rd I saw a bike on FB last night called a Transition' Scout, requested the specs but man it’s a beaut !

So if you had to choose a slacker bike with a 140 mm travel, 650b in true Trance / Pyga style with a 40K budget what would it be ?

I don't know what size you are but saw a good deal on a medium 120frame with 140mm revelation on classifieds. Assuming you talk the guy down a tad you will have over 20k to spend on wheels, groupset and cockpit setup... 

Or just be a bit patient, wait for the RS Yari and XT 11 Speed to become available and you can still build a great Pyga for sub R50k.  There are some big launches coming soon, so patience is the name of the game if you're going to spend money soon.

don't forget srams gx range. 11 speed groups for the common people

Changes to teh 2016 Trance include now standard Giant Dropper post (at last) and I believe an improved Fox fork.

No changes to frame, wheels etc.

post-10402-0-70401100-1436962507_thumb.jpg

RoboJedi....Have a look at the Lapierre bud. Great trail bikes, and keenly priced!

A decently specked Pyga is going to cost you min 55k anyway, so that Spitfire isn't overpericed per say. 

Trance is a cool bike. Few upgrades turn it into a great trail bike, but upgrades cost mega bucks. The mandatory Pike these days is gonna cost you 12k on its own :-)

I've got the Trance with the standard Fox fork. Would love to know what this Pike can do that the Fox can't. (not talking quality issues here, just performance)

don't forget srams gx range. 11 speed groups for the common people

11 speed is too much of hard work for Cape Town climbs. Contermans mast, Eselfontein's Dead Man Walking, Welvanpas Black on 11 speed - no thanks. 11 speed is for racing snake dirt-roadies.

The 2014 and 2015 Trance is an amazing beautiful powerful  machine! So what will the 2016 have

Don't expect anything to tweet your mom over. I won't be surprised with minor geo tweaks for the future but she's as long, low and slack as the rest of em already. Giant will stick with maestro so nothing to fuss over there either. Maybe expect changes worth noting in components and paintwork. But that's it.

Archived