Lost City Cycle Classic

Cav'

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will the seeding go out? Probably by theĀ 10th or so?

Not sure if this means anything but if you check on racetec website a seeding group has been allocated, well it has to me anyway.

Rode it last year, the speed bumps in the village was cumbersome. Otherwise flat and fast

And that is why I won't rush to get an entry for this race. Have raced it on single and tandem and hated those speed bumps. But I guess short of taking us through marikana they limited for routes. Last time I did both road and mtb and I didn't hate the weekend but can do better races just out of joburg.

Not sure if this means anything but if you check on racetec website a seeding group has been allocated, well it has to me anyway.

Thanks, looks like AL it is.

Thanks, looks like AL it is.

Ā 

Looks like I'll be joining you :thumbup:Ā .............IF I can get rid of this flu in timeĀ  :thumbdown:

Looks like I'll be joining you :thumbup:Ā .............IF I can get rid of this flu in timeĀ  :thumbdown:

Cool, bring that fast brother of yours along to pull us home! (I'll be on a black Cervelo)

Good luck to everybody riding. Take care, fast is often dangerous....... keep it safe!

Ā 

I will be doing 10km/h through thick sand at Tuli... :(

Cool, bring that fast brother of yours along to pull us home! (I'll be on a black Cervelo)

Ā 

He will be there but will be riding with the elites.

From the website:

Ā 

Lost City Cycling Festival receives an overhaul
Ā 
New routes, safer riding!
Ā 
The Lost City Cycling Festival, has a distinct new look this year on both the road and mountain bike events presented on the weekend of 15-16 August 2015.
Road Race
The road race route has received a complete overhaul and the 115km long distance now takes place on roads that are much quieter and wider, which equates to greater safety in the popular event.
Ā 
The road race has always carried a stigma of being dangerous, courtesy of the flat course and roads that narrow at times on the course. It was also largely flat, which meant bunches stuck together most of the way creating a breeding ground for accidents.
Ā 
The new course is not only longer than its predecessor, but also boasts a few more undulations, which will definitely make it a more challenging ride.
Ā 
The course now also passes through a host of the local villages and it even goes past the Royal Bafokeng stadium - and past the house of the king himself!
Ā 
The organisers are working closely with the Royal Bafokeng monarchy and local traffic authorities to ensure safety of participants and they have received great buy-in. "We are very fortunate to have their support on the new format this year," said race organiser Johan du Toit.
Ā 
"The new route gives the event a real cultural feel as well as making it much safer. The roads for most of the way are wide with a broad shoulder."
Ā 
Du Toit has been contemplating a change to the course for the past three years, and with a renewed commitment from Sun International this year, now was the time.
Ā 
"But we want to provide something different and also lay to rest any fears cyclists have had about safety in the race. With the new route we feel much more at ease."
Ā 
Running alongside the 115km route option will be a 66km ride for cyclists coming out of winter hibernation who don't quite fancying a race above 100km yet. The 65km route is largely flat and a nice way to ease into the season.

Archived