Cannondale (frame replacement)

Furbz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my Plascon Removall ready when I was waiting for my replacement chainstay from Kona, as my bike is also raw silver, but luckily there was no need...

correct

LOL, all i can say...

I think that if they only replaced your frame and the fork does not match, you did not get what you originally paid for. I want to know if any of the people commenting that you should such it up would pay full price for a bike that does not match the custom fork.

If you took it back and asked the shop to buy it back they would offer you less than if it matched the lefty and running gear.

I would take the extra cash and go to Bogus, that way you will get a custom job and it would be what you like

I'm with Overlord

Look at the up side .... You have a new frame. I broke 3 of the Cannondales in the 90's (2 CAAD 3's and a CAAD 4) every time a different color .... I saw it as getting in a new stiff responsive frame that didn't cost me anything.

White fork on a black bike is bad, with bike being relatively new I would be most unimpressed with a black frame for the white fork. Running gear is just too bad tbh but replacing a fork is crazy costly to match new frame. I do agree with others no need to keep all colours etc etc, offer the client a replacement fork in matching colour at least (for nominal price if needed). For older replacements take what you get you had your years of perfection already.

ok, lets do some maths.

i'm 27.

lets say i keep riding bikes til i am 67.

so 40 years total.

my road bike was bought for me by my father. i've had it 10 years.

now i doubt that a mtb would last 10 years. so lets say i keep it for 4 years.

4/40 gives 10% of my mountain biking experience

So, i pay close on R40k to ride a mountain bike i dislike greatly for conservatively, 10% of my mountain biking career. with the only option available being to fork out another small fortune for the Hi-mod frame version that i definitely do not need.

Seem fair?

When my specialized frame (amira ladies spec) got paint cracks the new amira frame was white with flowers on. I protested. they went across the world to find me a black frame again, at the end only had an sworks, costing about double what i paid for my frame. They swopped at no cost to me. I will remain a loyal customer.

BOOM!!

Omnico returned with great news!

they have sourced a frame exactly the same as my old one!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Should hopefully be ready by the weekend!

Moral of the story: Glad i didn't just accept the mismatched bike and rather stood up for what i felt was right on a bike under a year old.

Big ups to Omnico for coming to the table on this one! 

BOOM!!

they have sourced a frame exactly the same as my old one! :clap: :thumbup:

Moral of the story: Glad i didn't just accept the mismatched bike and rather stood up for what i felt was right on a bike under a year old.

Awesome news! Must have been this threads effect.

Our work here is done!

Would love a F29er.

Hi Furbz,

Been following this thread with interest. Mainly because I have just found a crack on my CAAD10. I hope that I also get my problem sorted out to my satisfaction like you did.

My bike is white, and I don't think that it would look very nice if I was given any other colour frame - if that happens.

Regards

Sarge

BOOM!!

they have sourced a frame exactly the same as my old one!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Well you are truly lucky, all I got from Omnico was the runaround.

Nowhere have they even tried to sort out my colour mismatch, just passed off the wrong coloured part to the dealer and made it there problem.

Now they are concerned that I have mentioned their poor service on the Hub, well guess what I'm going to continue and warn as many users as possible about them.

Your statement of not accepting the wrong colour is absolutely true and why should you be prejudiced (financially or emotionally) by them, they sold the product, now must honour the obligations to the customer

Archived