Bestmed Satellite Road Clssic

Bianchisti

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looking at results to show how messed the seeding was... Only 1 rider from BL finished ahead of the leaders of DL

Same issue on the 80km. Seeding all over the place. Only 1 person from BM finished ahead of a lot of us in CM. Always great to pass people riding in A batch sporting moon bags :)

It's was an excellent race for me. Ok results, but I really enjoyed it.

VA went out fast, but nothing too hectic. Managed to hang on with the front bunch up most of Hekpoort then started going backwards. Think our little group came in about 2:43.

The main reasons I enjoyed it so much was that the riders were very well behaved. They policed themselves with regards to the white line crossing, I was pushed over the line once or twice and the guys quickly pointed it out, but politely. No unecessary jockeying for position the whole time...

Then when we formed a chase group after Hekpoort, we rode really hard. I'm still new to the VA group and don't have much experience with pace lines etc. I made a few small mistakes, but again these where pointed out politely, and I appreciate the advice! Maybe it was because I really gave it my all to help chase and the guys felt sorry for me? ;)

At one point after a hard stint on the front, we hit a small bump and I slowly started falling off, a stranger even then gave me a little nudge and small smile, just to get back on the wheel in front of me, think it was rider 260. Dude you rock!

It's was the riders around me that made my race today! Shot guys!!

Edit: saw a few guys come in covered in blood and then on the way home, ambulances about 2km from the finish. Hope the guys are ok!

Rode in AL, and as you mentioned "riders were very well behaved". Had a great ride, felt much safer than last year. :thumbup:

Was in a leading B group till about 20km from the end when I got dropped. The marshal that was riding with us was fantastic. Kudos to him-today I really saw the roll of a bike marshal

Was he fat?

That's not very nice ;-)

Didn't take that much notice, but he did appear biggish

Roll can have 2 meanings in this context. You obviously meant the one, Patch was just making a joke that it could be the other :D

Roll can have 2 meanings in this context. You obviously meant the one, Patch was just making a joke that it could be the other :D

I suspected patch might have been making a joke, hence my response with a ;-) (can't seem to get proper emoticons on my iPad)

Rode in AL, and as you mentioned "riders were very well behaved". Had a great ride, felt much safer than last year. :thumbup:

mostly well behaved I agree.

On the seeding it seems AL was fairly similar in ability as the group remained quite big throughout. I was over Hekpoort about 3 or 4 groups down but it all bunched up again with 10kms to go.

Even towards the end when we caught all sorts (VA/VB, Tandems, shorter distance riders, %, $ riders pushing shorter distance riders) group was getting big but mostly relaxed, calm and no panicking even with elbows touching in places. I never really got that freaked out feeling. Good to see.

Racetec have me as a DL starter, not EL, which immediately adds 5 min to my time. They are now on a double strike with me.

The main reasons I enjoyed it so much was that the riders were very well behaved. They policed themselves with regards to the white line crossing, I was pushed over the line once or twice and the guys quickly pointed it out, but politely. No unecessary jockeying for position the whole time...

I feel you.

I had a guy who was getting pushed across by someone on his left and if he came any further over to his right that would've pushed me over the line. So I put my hand on him to let him know I was there and make him hold his line.

As he carried on he eased up and kept looking back so I eventually went up to him "thinking I better explain myself for putting my hands on him". But he said.. . You should do that again when we go up the climb (this was approaching Hekpoort). We ended up chatting about the approaching climb rather than other things that spoils races for everybody.

The correct one is "role." Just a little grammar slip-up that patch was playing with.

mostly well behaved I agree.

On the seeding it seems AL was fairly similar in ability as the group remained quite big throughout. I was over Hekpoort about 3 or 4 groups down but it all bunched up again with 10kms to go.

Even towards the end when we caught all sorts (VA/VB, Tandems, shorter distance riders, %, $ riders pushing shorter distance riders) group was getting big but mostly relaxed, calm and no panicking even with elbows touching in places. I never really got that freaked out feeling. Good to see.

The AL seeding seemed ok, I am sure a number of guys got dropped but the group that went all the way to the bottom of Hekpoort was well matched.

Any idea why the front of the group slowed down to around 25kph with a few k's to go before Hekpoort? The pace all the way there was not all that hectic.

Anybody see the black guy with tri bars on his bike at the beginning? I thought these were banned in racing. He got dropped quite soon but would have been dangerous in other groups.

Yes ... I saw that dude with the tri-bike ... I thought it was strange ...

You find them in EVERY road event

The AL seeding seemed ok, I am sure a number of guys got dropped but the group that went all the way to the bottom of Hekpoort was well matched.

Any idea why the front of the group slowed down to around 25kph with a few k's to go before Hekpoort? The pace all the way there was not all that hectic.

Anybody see the black guy with tri bars on his bike at the beginning? I thought these were banned in racing. He got dropped quite soon but would have been dangerous in other groups.

We turned into the wind and only a few guys were doing the pulling.

I feel you.

I had a guy who was getting pushed across by someone on his left and if he came any further over to his right that would've pushed me over the line. So I put my hand on him to let him know I was there and make him hold his line.

As he carried on he eased up and kept looking back so I eventually went up to him "thinking I better explain myself for putting my hands on him". But he said.. . You should do that again when we go up the climb (this was approaching Hekpoort). We ended up chatting about the approaching climb rather than other things that spoils races for everybody.

I was right next to you when that happened. I thought it was quite funny.

I don't know about you but 39km/h for the first hour was pretty high for me.

At about 53kms I suddenly found myself breathing very hard and realised we turned/wind direction was different. I nearly got dropped there. Big relieve when the pace slowed going into Hekpoort or I might have been out the back.

I actually open my mouth to ask that dude about the tribike rules and stopped short. I later saw him on the far right on the tri bars and thought, dude if you come any closer we'll have words. Lucky I never saw him again.

Archived