Bestmed Satellite Road Clssic

Bianchisti

CL was yesterday, today is at Bruce Reyneke in Pretoria. From what I've read there is no registration pickup at the race tomorrow

Thanks. Disappointing.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Disappointing.

just pitch up with your chip and race, don't need the number, nor do you need sugar and coffee samples

Race packs (x5) collected and successfully reseeded all done in under 10 mins.

I guess next year all the joburg guys will collect their race packs in Pta.

The missus was in and out in 5min. Included reseeding and picking up a couple of race packs. No complaints from this side.

Whats the forecast like? Since you've obviously got one of my sms's

Hi Nicholas. Thank you for entering the Bestmed Satellite Road Classic, Presented by ASG. The weather forecast for tomorrow is available at http://bit.ly/1G26CpO. The Bestmed Team.

Don't know. I never bothered opening any of the 6 links they sent me. I don't want to get de moer in now if I see wind and rain.

Knowing ASG, they will come, apologise for the fokop and then offer you a discount or extra special early bird entry to one of their other events, or a nice discount on some Rudy project surplus stock

That surplus stock really hits home when you get the "I only have extra small and XXXL..." Take it or leave it attitude.

Knowing ASG, they will come, apologise for the fokop and then offer you a discount or extra special early bird entry to one of their other events, or a nice discount on some Rudy project surplus stock.

I have defended ASG pricing before, because I felt that there was value, their premium price was justified. BUT if that value is no longer there, then they better have a good hard look in the mirror. I have always said we cannot dictate prices to people, but if this trend continues, I will simply stop supporting their events and rather do other races.

I hope somebody else uses their events model and creates competition for them, as this might shock them back into shape. Their mini monopoly will not last long if their events are ***.

So which races or organisers are worth supporting? After the lambasting that Spectrum Sports took after D2D, and it seems some dissatisfaction is coming for ASG, options are looking limited.

If only Advendurance would go behond the mountains and dirty and try a road series?  Where is Wessels?

So which races or organisers are worth supporting? After the lambasting that Spectrum Sports took after D2D, and it seems some dissatisfaction is coming for ASG, options are looking limited.

If only Advendurance would go behond the mountains and dirty and try a road series? Where is Wessels?

+1 on this. Advendurance know how to organise a race. Iv never had a complaint about them. If they are able to have showers at the finishes then what's everyone else's excuse. Wessel is probably working his backside off for the DualX event at van gaalens. (in fact I think it's tomorrow and we ride past their. Will wave)

OK, I think it is time to give credit where credit is due.

I was particularly unhappy with the race last year. Some of it was because I used to be a member of the previous presenting club (Jakaranda).

This year was already a huge improvement. Parking was much better organised. Pristine toilets (I think Saloon 66 should be credited for this). Bike marshalls. Lots of route marshalls.

I think the numbers were down due to Amashova, and this could have made it easier to manage, but my experience was much improved.

Driving back past Necsa I also had to admit that the new finish is much safer.

I hope the (? lady) that came down as AL turned towards Hekpoort is OK. I did hear the marshalls warn about the diesel on the road surface.

First time in a long while that I don't feel ripped off by an ASG event.

I was particularly unhappy with the race last year. Some of it was because I used to be a member of the previous presenting club (Jakaranda).

This year was already a huge improvement. Parking was much better organised. Pristine toilets (I think Saloon 66 should be credited for this). Bike marshalls. Lots of route marshalls.

I think the numbers were down due to Amashova, and this could have made it easier to manage, but my experience was much improved.

I hope the (? lady) that came down as AL turned towards Hekpoort is OK. I did hear the marshalls warn about the diesel on the road surface.

Great race, AL had at least one, maybe more, bike marshal with us all the way. Well organized and plenty of Coke at the end.

A real lekker race ... was fast .. then hekport hill ...  :clap:

On my was home, saw many medics around a rider on the satellite road  ... hopefully all is ok or will be ok after recovery time ...

O yes, fantastic bike marshal .. had control of the oncoming traffic and slowed them right down ... Good Job Mate ...

An ambulance came screaming by towards the end. Seems a couple of people got hurt, as I suppose always happens in these sorts of events. Hopefully they're not too badly banged up though.

Well organised, good parking. Portaloos were clean and had water to wash hands so thumbs up...still expensive though...and my normal whine, water in sachets please not cups....

As for my race,,went well till hekpoort...mofo never have I spent so much time in granny gear...being lardy is good for downhills but catches on the up hills..

Accident did look serious a couple of kays from the end, trust the dude is ok.

Well organised, good parking. Portaloos were clean and had water to wash hands so thumbs up...still expensive though...and my normal whine, water in sachets please not cups....

As for my race,,went well till hekpoort...mofo never have I spent so much time in granny gear...being lardy is good for downhills but catches on the up hills..

Accident did look serious a couple of kays from the end, trust the dude is ok.

I clock in under 70kg and Hekpoort was still a pain. Think it's just one of those things.

That was so bazare. I couldn't work out how someone comes off a properly vertical bike. Thought maybe she tried to turn in to quick cause she ended up landing in front of another bike.

Slippery surface would explain it though as it did look like she lost the front end.

Archived