Which Dual Sus Carbon? Scott or Giant?

Nic H

Always amused by comments that the scott climbs so well. That's true for an hour or two and then the shock oil starts to lose its viscosity and you find yourself dialing in more compression and using the lever more and more.

Each to their own I say.

my spark warranty is currently being dealt with swiftly, would take a spark over an anthem any day! with the Anthem it feels like your BB is too close to the ground, spark can change the BB height by changing the shock mount chip, flipping it in either mounting position--you affect the bottom bracket height by 7mm, which also affects the head tube angle by 0.5 degrees.

Go for the Scott.

If you buy the Giant you will ride more, cause it is that lekker to ride, get fitter stronger and faster and beat me at the next race. Can't have that happen... just go with the Scott.

Alle grappies op 'n stokkie: if you like the Scott then get the Scott. Last thing you want to do is go with what is best on paper and not what your heart is telling you. Every time you see that bike you fell in love with while sitting on the other one you got because it is better specced, you will go "Man! I should have gotten that..." Kakkest feeling in the world.

Klaar gelag.

TREK Fuel or the Silverback, both are very well specked, the new TREK's will be available shortly and they are still the trend setters and market leaders in proper markets such as the States, they haven't had to develop a brain shock to compensate for a suspect frame design. The new Silverback's are also jam packed with technology, they have a variable pivot point on there frame and this results in better tracsion and reduce sag when climbing, if value for money is what you are after, buy the silverback, if you want a solid brand then buy the TREK, if you want to compensate for you lack of fitness and natural ability and just want to look impressive till the ride starts then buy a speciallies

Ok, I spent half of yesterday on a demo Anthem Carbon 650b and over the last few weeks also tried a friend's Scott Spark 930 on several occasions. From all my research and comments, the Giant was the bike to get, but, and I will probably get crucified for saying this, I prefer the Scott. In my experience it rolls better, climbs a lot easier, handles better and it's faster. On trails and XC. The climbing especially was very noticable.

For almost the same price, the Giant has slightly better components and it's a great bike. I just enjoyed the Scott a lot more, and that's what mountain biking is all about for me.

Thanks for all the comments.

Just out of interest , did you test ride the 29er Giant as well, 

or just the 27.5 ?

Just out of interest , did you test ride the 29er Giant as well, 

or just the 27.5 ?

Only the 27.5. Giant did not have a 29er demo to loan me. Their loss. Enjoying the Scott so far, so happy with my purchase.

Archived