[Event] AUTO GLEN BMW 24 HOUR

THABA TRAILS

Event Name: AUTO GLEN BMW 24 HOUR
When: 5 December 2015 - 6 December 2015
Where: Thaba Trails, 101 Klipriver Drive, Mulbarton, Gauteng
Category: MTB

THE 24 HOUR THAT DELIVERS......we have organized 24 hour events on behalf of other organizers which resulted in the inevitable..we started organizing for our selves and our loyal riders...this lead to a change in venue to THABA TRAILS.... THIS year we have found passionate cyclists offering to sponsor our THABA 24 HOUR...so thank you to our new title sponsors...AUTO GLEN BMW.....

The route will be an exciting 8 km lap and because there is a THREE SERIES BMW we are introducing the 3 hour called the THREE SERIES........A solo race with winner takes all..for the speed merchants....exciting prize for the winner.....

A re-introduction for the older, more mature riders....THE COFFIN DODGERS.....consisting of four riders with a combined age of 220 years.

Solo men and women ( No riders under 17 years )

FOUR man TEAM

FOUR Member Mixed ....

Entries opening soon at www.bikeabout.co.za...

Go to Event Page

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our paying service provider has a gremlin and Sheldon is at World Masters till Sunday.....We will be on line asap. First 50 riders to receive the AUTO GLEN BMW  commemorative T-Shirts. After that you will be able to buy one. The course is out and can be seen on our Facebook page...7,3km...it's going to be a blast. 

OUR CHARITY WE ARE SUPPORTING IS "ETHEMBA VILLAGE" a new orphanage for children and widows.....

The entry Gremlin is sorted out. Now go and enter. FIRST 50 entries will receive a commemorative T-SHIRT....and if you miss the mark one can be bought . As we have said before, we are charging R30 for the campsites and this will be forwarded to Ethemba Village a new home for orphans and widows.

With the course sorted at 7.3 km we are starting WEEKLY night rides over the course. The ride will be 2 hours starting at 6pm.....ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS BUT WE DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE THE TRAILS IF THE RAIN IS TOO HEAVY.....

Cost R40 and you will receive a coffee and muffin at the finish.

Trying to pay to enter, but its a bit frustrating, Capitec is not recognized and I don't have the confirmation code for my card to be used - it is on my phone from 3 years ago...Guess I have to go to the bank...Pay Pal would be great...could've used that....

The entry Gremlin is sorted out. Now go and enter. FIRST 50 entries will receive a commemorative T-SHIRT....and if you miss the mark one can be bought . As we have said before, we are charging R30 for the campsites and this will be forwarded to Ethemba Village a new home for orphans and widows.

With the course sorted at 7.3 km we are starting WEEKLY night rides over the course. The ride will be 2 hours starting at 6pm.....ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS BUT WE DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE THE TRAILS IF THE RAIN IS TOO HEAVY.....

Cost R40 and you will receive a coffee and muffin at the finish.

Time and Day for the weekly ride? Might just be the kick i need to get on the bike again.

Time and Day for the weekly ride? Might just be the kick i need to get on the bike again.

"21st March will be the start of our WEEKLY night ride over the 7.3 km course we will be using for the AUTO GLEN BMW 24 Hour, From 6-8 pm you can enjoy the trails and test your lights and at the end you can enjoy a muffin and a cup of coffee,...."

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday night ride...6pm. We are focusing on the 24 hour route. Come join us and if you are a bit late you can join in anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

The course is great. It is marked and ready to ride. SADLY....for the country, the outlook for rain is bleak....but for us at the AUTO GLEN BMW 24 Hour it is good news.

Remember the first 50 will receive our commemorative shirt....for those who miss they will also be on sale..... enter now on www.bikeabout.co.za.

We are supporting ETHEMBA VILLAGE  A NEW HOME FOR ORPHANS AND WIDOWS...campsites are on a first come first basis.....meals available all hours...FREE coffee station.. ILLY ON SALE.....battery charge station....

THE THREE SERIES.....A CHALLENGE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT INTO 24 HOUR RAVING....AND RACING....THREE HOURS STARTING AT 6PM TILL 9PM SATURDAY....Winner takes all.

WHO CAN BEAT F1 MOTORCYCLE ACE SHERIDAN MORIAS......HE WON THE 12 HOUR NOW GOING TO CHARGE THE 24 HOURS.......A LEGEND ON A MOTOR BIKE.

• 2 weeks later...

Rode the course this morning, and it's fantastic.

Berms have been added to most of the fast, flat corners, and have bedded in nicely with the bit of rain we've had.

I'm going to be racing the 3 series/3 hour part of the event, and will beat anyone.

Come prove me wrong...

Rode the course this morning, and it's fantastic.

Berms have been added to most of the fast, flat corners, and have bedded in nicely with the bit of rain we've had.

I'm going to be racing the 3 series/3 hour part of the event, and will beat anyone.

Come prove me wrong...

You lucky I'm riding the men's event else I'd come give you a good hiding  :whistling:

Archived