UCI DH World Champs 2015

Stretch

hey bru...get with the program - that was posted about 5 pages back  :ph34r:  :whistling:  :lol:

Yeah twice[emoji23] [emoji23]

Fail. 

:oops:  

In my defence, I jumped on a plane straight after finals and we all know the dedication required to catch up on a full day's worth of Hub discussions.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you okes dont see on the video is that Gee crashes on a field of razor-sharp slate ... that must have hurt properly!!!

Ill try and find a pic

I saw his POV run this morning, he gets slammed hard when he clips that rock

What you okes dont see on the video is that Gee crashes on a field of razor-sharp slate ... that must have hurt properly!!!

Ill try and find a pic

After watching the POVs I have such massive respect for you guys and girls that went over there and rode it. I remember how intimidating that chute near the start at the Thaba nationals was and SuperMil explained that the bottom section was mostly steeper and gnarlier than that. I think that really sunk in how hectic that lower section must have been.

Ill try and find a pic

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then he goes and finishes the race. Always knew Gee was hard but damn that's proper tough!

After watching the POVs I have such massive respect for you guys and girls that went over there and rode it. I remember how intimidating that chute near the start at the Thaba nationals was and SuperMil explained that the bottom section was mostly steeper and gnarlier than that. I think that really sunk in how hectic that lower section must have been.

It was really hard to get your mind around the gradient at the bottom after the section where Gee binned it ... Up to there the track was pretty manageable with only one super steep piece with a g-out across a road in the middle of it ... that was a bit sketchy, but ok if you just got in the rut and stayed there.

But after where Gee crashed was just insane and awesome at the same time - SO Steep, but rideable at the same time ... if you could get your mind around "surfing" brakes locked down chute after chute ... The hardest thing was trying to race it fast - as we are not used to that.. ... Then teh issue when you rode it slow was that if you didnt let off your brakes in most of the roll ins or fade aways into the chutes you ate dirt as the fades were formed by roots which were all exposed and slippery as hell ... so it was just slow speed comitment that was needed.

Im super impressed with the Ladies - they are machines for just womaning up and smashing those sections

It was really hard to get your mind around the gradient at the bottom after the section where Gee binned it ... Up to there the track was pretty manageable with only one super steep piece with a g-out across a road in the middle of it ... that was a bit sketchy, but ok if you just got in the rut and stayed there.

But after where Gee crashed was just insane and awesome at the same time - SO Steep, but rideable at the same time ... if you could get your mind around "surfing" brakes locked down chute after chute ... The hardest thing was trying to race it fast - as we are not used to that.. ... Then teh issue when you rode it slow was that if you didnt let off your brakes in most of the roll ins or fade aways into the chutes you ate dirt as the fades were formed by roots which were all exposed and slippery as hell ... so it was just slow speed comitment that was needed.

Im super impressed with the Ladies - they are machines for just womaning up and smashing those sections

Well it looked bloody scary on TV and I know you can't really see how steep it is on TV.

Archived