Trail Daze: The hidden gem that is Piket-bo-berg

ewaldsadie

Hi Rickus, I entered a few days ago and am sure looking forward to hitting your/these trails... My question would be in regard to the camping, if camping or staying in the cottages, can you pay a day rate and hit the trails...? Is the campsite open already..?  The Future is looking brit :thumbup:

About an hour and a half's drive north from Cape Town, lies the small, rural town of Piketberg. Used by most people only as a fuel stop, or quickly skipped on the way to other things further up the West coast, it's not well known to many mountain bikers as a prime riding spot.

Click here to view the article

Awesome pics as usual Ewald! Julle is gelukkige ouens om die gereeld te kan doen. Jaloers verby!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really if there was someone in front they usually gave way. Depends where you can can can how fit you are, but enough single track to spread everyone out.

• 2 weeks later...

< snip >.....

The trails are fun , challenging and rather different to the rest of the Western Cape - please come visit us at this year's event: www.piketbobergcyclechallenge.com - it is this weekend so hurry!

Cheers

Rickus

I think you have the right business model Rickus.

Had this on my 'must ride 2015' list since September last year, but had to miss it due to work. Send my 'nefie' & his mate in my place and ride a proper difficult route.... I hear you were looking for me (with my helmet this time :blush: )

The youngsters are raving about the ride.

Bring on 2016! :thumbup: