Review: Specialized Zee Cage II & EMT Cage Mount Tool

Iwan Kemp

Have used the Sahmurai sword twice already, no issues, same with the chain breaker, used it at home first on a new chain.

Like all things, learn to use it properly and they way it was designed and you should not have any issues.

The tools are not the one to be blamed here methinks....

I use two Zee cages on my bike with bottles without the "distinctive neck" and they don't budge in the rough stuff. So I would say even a normal riding bottle works perfectly with them. 

I have never lost a Camel Bak Podium bottle either with the cage.

I would happily drill another another hole in frame if that Spez lunchbox was cheaper, whats it like R2k now?

You don't have to.

Fit a piece of aluminium to the 2 existing bottle cage holes

Let the aluminium extend past the cage

Drill another hole in the aluminium strip and attach the lunchbox, to that hole.

Add a rubber grommet to the underside of the aluminium strip so that it does not scratch the frame, or even cable tie it down, viola, okes at Concept Cyclery in Ballito told me about the solution.

The retail price for the tool, 2 cages, chain breaker tool and the lunch box is R 2000 for all of the kit. It also includes a tyre lever and CO2 thingamajig.