Bicycle firearm carry

Cape_Nerd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude that MTB's with us sometime carries a gun, you can see it sticking out his back. I can ask if i see him again

Dont know, but do you have to open a zip before you get to the gun?

Yes, it has a large zip you have to pull down for access.

dude that MTB's with us sometime carries a gun, you can see it sticking out his back. I can ask if i see him again

That would be awesome thanks.

alternatively search for the manufacturer (looks like it says KELTY) and find another distributor for that sling. Thats what I usually do for AMAZON goods. eBay etailers usually have no issues with shipping to SA

isetech makes a good point :thumbup:

why have it if you cant access it ?  "Yes, it has a large zip you have to pull down for access."

all that's going to happen if you get mugged is they will take the bag - gun and all before you can do anything with the gun - then they will have a gun !

maybe the sexy looking bag will make you more of a potential mugging target

seriously dude you aren't john wayne - leave the gun at home.. :ph34r:

if it makes you feel better do whatever...

but next time you done panting up a hill just think how quickly you can pull that pistol out of your sweaty shorts with your gel padded gloves on and calm your heart and breathing enough to get an accurate shot or two off without falling over with your mtb between your legs and your cleats on

:blink:

if it makes you feel better do whatever...

but next time you done panting up a hill just think how quickly you can pull that pistol out of your sweaty shorts with your gel padded gloves on and calm your heart and breathing enough to get an accurate shot or two off without falling over with your mtb between your legs and your cleats on

:blink:

Maybe train harder so that you're not that buggered at the top of the hill...

(It's Friday ;) )

I have to agree with isetech. The time has long since passed where you just get robbed, nowadays they use maximum force and maximum violence whether you resist or not. I would rather put up a fight if I can.

Just earlier this week my grandfather survived an attempted highjacking where they tried to force him into the car with them. He decided to put up a fight and was able to buy enough time for people to notice and scare away the highjackers by breaking off the key in the ignition.

The fact of the matter is, had he gotten into the car with them, they would probably have forced him to withdraw cash at an atm and then shot him somewhere in a veld.

I agree with velomonatic in that if you approached by armed men, they would usually try to ambush you and by the time you think about getting your gun while out of breath wth your cycling gloves you have one already pointed in your face.

Should you manage to get your gun out and they see then they will fire and you have little chance unless you are a trained weapon's expert.

I am not a gun person but dont know the solution to this problem or the best way to protect yourself.

Maybe we need to invent a device where you flip a swith and flames shoot outwards from your frame when in a highjack situation.

Agree we need to fight back but in the correct way to prevent injury or death but again, a tough problem to resolve.

I second the sentiments expressed re not having time to react.

Perhaps if you know the area you cycle in is high-risk, consider strapping pepperspray to your wrist or upper arm. Should be quicker to grab and spray.

Or just avoid the dodgy places... ie stay indoors ????????????

Pepperspray with velcro stuck to your top tube.. Not deadly but might help you out of a sticky situation

Archived