Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

And it explains the utter lack of technical riding ability... even though it warns of technical bits (where true bragging rights are born!) and for people to stay out of the way if they want to hike.

Just to add on to a previous post I made...Please show the following to anyone and everyone you know that may like to hike their bikes (This warning is from the Bundu Bash race but applies to ANY MTB race):

Are you riding the Marathon?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the short and long route join at some point ?

Normally the half and marathon share some route at the beginning and the end of the route, From past races, I would say probably 10km in the beginning and 5km at the end.

But with the different starting times you "normally" only cross paths at the end

I have no horse in this race but seeing that it is Friday, I'll bite.

I am soooooo gatvol of comments like this.  Windgat mountain bikers "with skill".  Also (mostly) know as unfit "big boned" boytjies with no brains or fitness.  Relying on gravity and brainless thinking to decent the 50m of downhill in a 60km route.

The fact that I was before you there on the trial, is that I, on the other hand, don't rely on the one or two rocky downhills where I can use my kg and "skill".

I train hard.  Most likely harder than you.  And in the long run on a course like Hakahana, you will not beat my roadie unskilled ass despite your brave pompous skill. 

Have some respect for people in front of you.  If you don't want to be held up by unskilled riders, train harder and get in front of me.

Good luck tomorrow.

daarsy daarsy....vrydag is hier pappie....

Aaarrgggg,red socks again,hahahahaha

SHORT red socks. Wish they would make them a bit longer. The ones from DualX are atleast a decent length.

I have no horse in this race but seeing that it is Friday, I'll bite.

I am soooooo gatvol of comments like this.  Windgat mountain bikers "with skill".  Also (mostly) know as unfit "big boned" boytjies with no brains or fitness.  Relying on gravity and brainless thinking to decent the 50m of downhill in a 60km route.

The fact that I was before you there on the trial, is that I, on the other hand, don't rely on the one or two rocky downhills where I can use my kg and "skill".

I train hard.  Most likely harder than you.  And in the long run on a course like Hakahana, you will not beat my roadie unskilled ass despite your brave pompous skill. 

Have some respect for people in front of you.  If you don't want to be held up by unskilled riders, train harder and get in front of me.

Good luck tomorrow.

Valid view...to a point. But again, refer to screen shot. It clearly states that if you cant ride a section, stay out of the way of the ones who can.

It's called being considerate to those who actually want to ride the fun stuff. Your attitude is the reason there are bottle necks and the reason people don't enjoy the race.

You talk about respect for those ahead yet you have none for those approaching that are better at a section than you are? Hypocritical if you ask me.

So if you are so amazing at the dirt roadie bits, it shouldn't bother you to move out the way on technical and catch my so called "wind-gat big-boned" MOUNTAIN BIKER ass on the uphills.

And some of us are working our way up the seedings but unfortunately there are inconsiderate, disrespectful people who believe that everyone must stop and wait for them just coz it is too difficult to respect the ORGANIZERS request for you to please stay out of the way when walking a section,

Guest notmyname

If you're walking, walk next to the trail and let the man/woman/gender bender ride. If you're being dropped on the hills or flats the same applies.

Don't be PO*S. Be lekker so everyone can have a jol. At the end of the day. If you're struggling with either the tech, hills or flats, you're probably nowhere near the sharp end.

I think a river crossing will be very welcome tomorrow!

If not river crossing - a few of these would do.....

post-77660-0-31276500-1443784434_thumb.jpg

If you're walking, walk next to the trail and let the man/woman/gender bender ride. If you're being dropped on the hills or flats the same applies.

Don't be PO*S. Be lekker so everyone can have a jol. At the end of the day. If you're struggling with either the tech, hills or flats, you're probably nowhere near the sharp end.

+1

I'm going to be one of those who's going to hike sections of the full marathon tomorrow.  I had to hike parts of the Lionman as well, simply because some of the descents were beyond my comfort limit.  Rest assured, though, that I will give way to those still in their saddles, and to those hiking faster than me.  I'm not going to wait until you ask me to move either - whether I'm in the saddle or on my feet I try my best to know when someone is closing up on me.

To the highly skilled, but less fit riders - if I catch up with you on the straights, please extend me the same courtesy I did to you on the descent.  Most of you do, but for some it is a one-way street.

Yip I agree! No shame in walking tecinical stuff just do not get off in the middle of the track or immediately in front of someone. And if you are going to pass me wherever....now worries I will make space for you, please just do the same for me. Simple really....... :devil:

+1

I'm going to be one of those who's going to hike sections of the full marathon tomorrow.  I had to hike parts of the Lionman as well, simply because some of the descents were beyond my comfort limit.  Rest assured, though, that I will give way to those still in their saddles, and to those hiking faster than me.  I'm not going to wait until you ask me to move either - whether I'm in the saddle or on my feet I try my best to know when someone is closing up on me.

To the highly skilled, but less fit riders - if I catch up with you on the straights, please extend me the same courtesy I did to you on the descent.  Most of you do, but for some it is a one-way street.

Yip I agree! No shame in walking tecinical stuff just do not get off in the middle of the track or immediately in front of someone. And if you are going to pass me wherever....now worries I will make space for you, please just do the same for me. Simple really....... :devil:

I really wish everyone would have your views! You are the kinds of people who make the racing fun and enjoyable for everyone! THANK YOU!

There really is no shame in walking a technical bit or a really crappy hill. Just be considerate to the guys who want to ride! I do that, I am not a hypocrite. I will not get in the way of you having fun and riding to your full potential!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Have a blast!  

Dear Gods of MTB,

A prayer for those of us doing this event over the weekend....

Please let people realise this is a trailSEEKER mtb event, NOT a trailHIKER event!

Say no to walking! And take a good triple dose of concrete pills to HTFU!

And just in case you lost your pills, get off the trail so those who are capable can ride it!

Amen!

Cant wait for this event, it's my first time at Hakahana, and from the horror stories I have heard, looks like it will be an awesome one! Just hope it wont be another really expensive walk along the single track  :ph34r:

Valid view...to a point. But again, refer to screen shot. It clearly states that if you cant ride a section, stay out of the way of the ones who can.

It's called being considerate to those who actually want to ride the fun stuff. Your attitude is the reason there are bottle necks and the reason people don't enjoy the race.

You talk about respect for those ahead yet you have none for those approaching that are better at a section than you are? Hypocritical if you ask me.

So if you are so amazing at the dirt roadie bits, it shouldn't bother you to move out the way on technical and catch my so called "wind-gat big-boned" MOUNTAIN BIKER ass on the uphills.

And some of us are working our way up the seedings but unfortunately there are inconsiderate, disrespectful people who believe that everyone must stop and wait for them just coz it is too difficult to respect the ORGANIZERS request for you to please stay out of the way when walking a section,

You haven't done Hakahana at all? Like in neva eva? 

I think you'll get passed a lot come tomorrow. Good luck and enjoy.

I have an entry for the Marathon, if anyone wants it.

Make me an offer I cannot refuse...hahahaha

Seriously, if you can spin a good enough story, it's your FOR FREE

I simply don't want an entry to go to waste

Entry still available, if so please let me know on 0842065242.

mmmmm 

just another point of view here. See the sections people walk are normally rocky and steep...yes. Well for the most part it is. It might be impossible for the person dismounting to walk off the trail as in physically. 

If its really all about riding and not time...wait till someone has cleared / walked down a certain piece and then hit it....you are not at the sharp end anyway so waiting another 10 or 15 seconds until the person has cleared the piece won't be a big deal and they were there before you...it is a race afterall, its up to you to pass, not for them to move. If your tech skills are as good as you think you will probably be able to pass them easily anyway.

Archived