(Cyclist killed on Hornsnek today?) Framed as a question?

Transporter

AAN EDDY JY SE N FIETS HET OOK DIE REG OP PAD. DIE FIETS RYER HET NIE N HELMET AAN GEHAAT NIE SO HY WAS NET SO NALATIG.......

with or without a helmet he would have being killed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One could argue that trucks should not be allowed to drive on roads that are too narrow to swerve out the way of obstacles.

How many times has a truck not almost collided or have collided with on coming traffic because the were trying to avoid something on their left.

It was a terrible accident and to come on here and give graffic details to try and make a point is not only insensitive but also just bad form.

Truck drivers are like taxi drivers, they dont give a damn about fellow road users. Nearer the beginning of the year I truck forced its way in front of me, so I stop and let it thru. There was plenty of space for him to carry on straight without issue, but on the last second he makes a small turn and scrapes my fender and pulls the headlight and bumper off my car. At the cop shop the driver is like, Its a truck it will damage anything and wont get damaged. I was astounded at this fools comment.

Ek was daar ek het gesien hoe trok oor ou se KOP ry die trok se trailer nie die PERD nie. VERSTAAN JY DIT BETEKEN WIND KON OU LAAT VAL HET VAN TROK OF PAD WAT SKUINS IS DIE FIETS IS NIE GETRAP DEUR TROK SE VOORWIELE.  EK het gesien hoe sy BREIN soos maalvleis op teerpad le..... gaan na HORNSNEK kyk hoe lyk pad kyk hoe skuins pad is die fiets het gegly dit op kamera. Die ou het ook gelyk of hy van werk af oppad huistoe was dit is baie erg sy kop was plat. DIE TROK HET SELFS GEHOOT. N FIETS HET NIE N LISENSIE VOLGENS DMY MAG N VOERTUIG NET OP N PAD RY AS HY LISENSIE HET (SYPAADJIE RY) NIE EK VOEL

JAMMER VIR DIE FIETSRYER SE FAMILIE HULLE GAAN HOM NIE KAN UITKEN..... 

Mnr gaan lees die wet weer ,lyk of jy onder n klip bly

ENGLISH please someone! wtf happened?

Apologies. A commuter was killed by a huge tipper during the week. The section of road is called Horns-nek (the M17), connecting Pretoria West with Garankuwa. The road is well-worn at places and very narrow. The only possible shoulder is washed away - the tar is elavated from the dirt shoulder.

The truck driver didn't anticipate tgat the turbulance of his truck could knock a cyclist over, or affect his balance at least.

Fast forward - some guy/gal/gender bender (jakie) comes on here and tells all the gruesome details (he/she/it was on the scene apparently). And adds that the commuter/cyclist does not deserve to be on the road period. Why? Because he does not pay any licensing fees. The outcome was then just deserves...

If any driver hasn't seen a sticker like this before then he also doesn't belong on the road. As he couldn't have passed his lisence without an eye test ..... :blink: :blink: :blink:

post-49959-0-54637400-1443866633_thumb.jpg

Now to you Jakie, you are clearly although you are a cyclist as you claim a total idiot. You ride against the flow of traffic so that you can see what is going to happen or coming at you, you have got no chance to react at the speed cars come at you....no chance! Laws of physics are also against you here.

You also clearly don't know the road law, cyclists are allowed to ride everywhere except national highways and where it is clearly indicated by signage that you are not allowed to ride there. I am not talking about cyclists riding 4 abreast the road or whatever, cyclist should ride single file and as far left as SAFELY possible(NOT IN THE EMERGENCY LANE BECAUSE THIS IS ALSO TECHNICALLY AGAINST THE LAW).

You say that the truck driver is not to blame because the trailer killed the cyclist, 1.5m passing width should have negated this but yes the driver clearly just passed the cyclist and he is responsible for the trailer, it is part of the vehicle.

Biggest problem in SA are inconsiderate people, and this is everywhere not only in the roads. People have NO respect for each other....none what so ever.

My wife just returned from a racing stint in Europe, she said she was amazed at how considerate the people are and law abiding. They wait behind cyclists until it is safe to pass. Here that will NEVER happen because people don't comprehend the consequences of their decisions nor actions.

Put yourself in the cyclists families shoes, say it was your child....now don't come with **** that your child etc would not have ridden there.

Also don't come with this bullsh1t about not paying license fees etc, do you know how many people commute daily by bicycle to work? The main reason why it is not done is that is not feasible! You know what will make a difference and the biggest one at  that, education education education! From a small age teach kids rules of the road, where you MUST cross, not jaywalk. Go and have a look in Europe how effective there transport system works, and bicycles form part of it.....

This is SOUTH AFRIKA,a part of AFRIKA.....time to learn some AFRIKAans.[emoji185] [emoji48]

Now to you Jakie, you are clearly although you are a cyclist as you claim a total idiot. You ride against the flow of traffic so that you can see what is going to happen or coming at you, you have got no chance to react at the speed cars come at you....no chance! Laws of physics are also against you here.

You also clearly don't know the road law, cyclists are allowed to ride everywhere except national highways and where it is clearly indicated by signage that you are not allowed to ride there. I am not talking about cyclists riding 4 abreast the road or whatever, cyclist should ride single file and as far left as SAFELY possible(NOT IN THE EMERGENCY LANE BECAUSE THIS IS ALSO TECHNICALLY AGAINST THE LAW).

You say that the truck driver is not to blame because the trailer killed the cyclist, 1.5m passing width should have negated this but yes the driver clearly just passed the cyclist and he is responsible for the trailer, it is part of the vehicle.

Biggest problem in SA are inconsiderate people, and this is everywhere not only in the roads. People have NO respect for each other....none what so ever.

My wife just returned from a racing stint in Europe, she said she was amazed at how considerate the people are and law abiding. They wait behind cyclists until it is safe to pass. Here that will NEVER happen because people don't comprehend the consequences of their decisions nor actions.

Put yourself in the cyclists families shoes, say it was your child....now don't come with **** that your child etc would not have ridden there.

Also don't come with this bullsh1t about not paying license fees etc, do you know how many people commute daily by bicycle to work? The main reason why it is not done is that is not feasible! You know what will make a difference and the biggest one at that, education education education! From a small age teach kids rules of the road, where you MUST cross, not jaywalk. Go and have a look in Europe how effective there transport system works, and bicycles form part of it.....

Well said.

RIP brother cyclist.

I would say leave the afrikaans and learn xhosa or zulu

:ph34r:  :whistling:

post-32956-0-53875200-1443876164_thumb.png

Ou Jakie, ek sal jou graag wil ontmoet en lekker met jou gesels. Ek is n trok eienaar, drywer en n fietsryer. Al my voertuie saam se lisensie geld is n klein huise vol per jaar. So hoekom het ek nie die reg om met my fiets ook daar te ry nie? Daai redenasie van lisensie geld is die swakste wat daar is. As n drywer en fiets ryer weet ek n vragmotor maak n hengse sleurstroom. Die perd het hom gemis, maar omdat hy dalk te na aan die fiets verby gegaan het die sleur om ingetrek en die sleepwa het hom getrap. Ek stry nie met wat jy gesien gebeur het nie, maar mense ry te na aan fietse verby en besef nie die gevare daarvan nie.

This is SOUTH AFRIKA,a part of AFRIKA.....time to learn some AFRIKAans.[emoji185] [emoji48]

Afrikaans is my 2nd language and whilst I got most if it was pretty incoherent. I also don't live in SA anymore. Please tell me about your extensive experience with other minority languages in SA. Pedi perhaps? 

Topic seemed quite serious and wanted to make sure I understood what he was trying to convey 

Afrikaans is my 2nd language and whilst I got most if it was pretty incoherent. I also don't live in SA anymore. Please tell me about your extensive experience with other minority languages in SA. Pedi perhaps?

Dont get so excited,I was only pulling youre leg a bit,I only had English as a second language and I dont think I'm doing all that bad being a 'Afrikaanse plattelander' and all. Enjoy youre time abroad.[emoji106]

Archived