[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. i had a great ride on this Argus (even after starting later than my group.) Linked up on the ride with a guy named Desmond who hails from Barkely East in the Eastern Cape. we rode together and carved our way through the field, but I had to stop in Hout bay, where my Son and wife were waiting with fresh bottle of cold water, then lost him. Would like to thank him for great ride together, but did not get his surname. If any of you know him, tell him I posted this. He wore a Group 3C  number,and should have finished around 3h 30, as i did. This ride made me think of the Comrades marathon and the ethics and comeraderie there.  Regards and hope you ALL had a GREAT RIDE !!!

Hi. Does anyone know Desmond from Barkely east in Eastern Cape ?  i didn't get his surname. I had a great ride with us supporting each other as we carved through the field, but got split from him when i had to stop in Hout Bay to take on COLD water from my son and wife. if you know him, tell him I send my best regards. (He should have finished around 11.00am with time of approx 3.30 as i did.) Cheers and I hope you all had a GREAT ARGUS !!!

Sorry to hear about your crash Dale.

Was a bad day out for me, first Argus and my goal was about a 3:40 which I was on track for but then I cramped soo badly on little chappies, and bottom of suikerbossie that I had to stop and stretch it out, then nursed it home in 4:00:55, abit disappointed but happy that I crossed the finish line.

Well done everyone!!

I had a great ride, with the odd cramp threatening.  I did a PB of 4h46 from 6E.  My 15 year old son did his PB at 3h57 from 3D.

No incidents to report, and mostly the people behaved.

I rode with a nice bloke with a black top to Edinburgh drive.  He said he wanted to stay with me, but he dropped me on the Edinburgh drive climb.  If you are on the hub, hope you had a great first one. I also caught a nice freight train on the M3. Probably the fastest I ever did the M3.

Did anyone else feel that the elite ladies should have started abit later? Group 1B cought them within minutes from the start.

Nice ride though :)

They were going to start in front of 1A, its tricky question where to put them as to make it competitive they need to race each other and not just suck wheel and have some random sprint with whoever is left at the end...

I am sure if someone has a great idea where to star them the organizers would love to hear it. 

Imagine riding for Telkom and having bury yourself up each hill and flat to drag an over weight sprinter to the front only for him to not be as fast has he thinks he is!

I must send you the pic our support staff got of someone in blue going up Franschoek pass :P

Where did you guys watch the finish? Is it posted online already?

There was an app that sent you your time as you crossed the line.

They were going to start in front of 1A, its tricky question where to put them as to make it competitive they need to race each other and not just suck wheel and have some random sprint with whoever is left at the end...

I am sure if someone has a great idea where to star them the organizers would love to hear it.

The only way to have an all out elite ladies race would be to start them 20-30 mins before the elite men. It is "ladies first" anyway

They do not get caught during 94.7 but you have an extra 6000 odd people starting the Argus so more batches and not a lot more time to get them off in.

Saw a skewer roll across the road just before the descent into Fish Hoek.

13.257 secs later a black stealth Vias with rider attached was sliding across my line

Bang!

Narrowly avoided his head and torso and got my front wheel entangled in the frame or something

Using my Sagan-esque skills, managed to avoid the road barriers, but lost several spokes in my Ultimates (and that wheel is built tough).

Next train is a REAL train!

Metro rail back to town.

Happy to not have a fractured rib and concussion.

What, no bunny hop like Sagan? 

Glad your are ok. We also had a rider go down up Smits, guy in front just pulled into the dirt to fix something, all he ended up doing was getting a savage on top of him. :/

Heard there was a huge crash by the elites at hospital bend.

Spoke101 are you and your bike oakay???

Or won a race maybe or stood on a podium maybe?

GO HOFF'!

AWESOME WIN FOR TEAM ROAD COVER'S HENDRICKS!

(Easy with the offensive language there, man )

Sorry

Archived