Best Bike in Africa 2015: #5 SwiftCarbon Evil Twin

News bot

The Best Bike in Africa will be held at the 2015 Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 - 25 October at St Stithians College, Johannesburg. The competition invites fair visitors to vote for their favourite bike at the Best Bike in Africa stand. All the entrants that vote for the bike that wins the Best Bike in Africa will go into a draw to win the bike. Leading up to the fair, we'll be be revealing the bikes entered in the Best Bike in Africa. Today we reveal the SwiftCarbon Evil Twin as the next candidate.

Click here to view the article

Super HOT frame!!!!!!

I must say so myself... but man at $3200-$4500 (according to there website) just for the frame that is seriously big money. 

Your talking about almost R42000 just for the frame.  :eek:

Reports of misaligned rear axles and lots of play in rear triangle.

Hope these have been sorted out as it seems to be a great frame.

I'm all for the bike, but what on earth where they thinking putting a RS-1 with a XT build kit. that's a 28k fork with a 10-14k groupset.

I'm all for the bike, but what on earth where they thinking putting a RS-1 with a XT build kit. that's a 28k fork with a 10-14k groupset.

makes sense to me.  there is zero benefit in XTR over XT other than to try and impress people with your cash, however more expensive forks are better than cheaper forks, so IMO it's clever spending of money.

As an example, all else being the same, i'll take a SLX bike with a RS Pike over the same bike kitted with XTR and a Fox 32mm / RS revleation fork any day!

There is a price limit on the bikes entered in the competition which might have influenced component choice.

makes sense to me.  there is zero benefit in XTR over XT other than to try and impress people with your cash, however more expensive forks are better than cheaper forks, so IMO it's clever spending of money.

As an example, all else being the same, i'll take a SLX bike with a RS Pike over the same bike kitted with XTR and a Fox 32mm / RS revleation fork any day!

I'd rather have a Reba / Sid and XTR / XX1 gruppo than RS-1 & XT, tbh... 

makes sense to me. there is zero benefit in XTR over XT other than to try and impress people with your cash, however more expensive forks are better than cheaper forks, so IMO it's clever spending of money.

I agree to a point. XTR has slightly better performance but weight is the big difference. More expensive Forks generally mean better performance but double the price for a slight gain if any (depending on who you talk to) is just the same as showing off with your XTR.

The Pike is great whereas the RS-1 not so much for the following Lateral stiffness is lacking, wieght, exposed stanchions, proprietary hub, etc the list goes on.

Would rather have a SID XX WC and XX1 for the same price or the new Fox 32 and XTR for the same money.