• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cancellara is brought back into the fold. But he's sent his message to the others.

The whole of the Sky team is now on the front of the chasing peloton and have strung everyone out in one long line. They're bringing the gap down now.

I reckon we are in for a lot of pyrotechnics on these Pyrenean stages, especially if you what's already gone down so far during this stage with more to come!

Nice one. Great read. Have you read In Search Of Robert Millar?

Haven't... You recommend it?

I never understand why the commentators say things like "if the tour were to finish now, so and so would win by 11 mins". The tour isn't going to finish now, and all the riders know that - that's why they are all where they are.

Doh.

Haven't... You recommend it?

Absolutely. He is a facinating character. Very secretive. Disappeared for years, rumors of a sex change, refused to do interviews. Suddenly he is back with a blog.

Seems like everyone expects something to happen tomorrow but not much today. I think we might be in for a surprise. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

This Niballi is a fricken crook. He just tests the limits constantly. Hanging on the car like that. Wasn't a sticky bottle. More of a super glue bottle.

The peloton are 'managing' the time gap to the break at the moment - just holding it steady, not wanting to bring it down nor let it increase further. It's at 4'55" right now.

3823.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Team Dimension Data rider Steve Cummings of Great Britain in action on stage seven. Photograph: Kim Ludbrook/EPA

The break is now 55 km from the finish. They're onto the gradually rising road now.

You can see it in the image below: the final 55 km is the red area. 

We should expect something to start happening soon.

post-22004-0-71378000-1467985333_thumb.jpg

Whats up with the stem on 201? Wonder why they have changed it from the standard design on the foil?

Not sure about No.201 might just be personal preference. Seeing it's Gerrans bike he might like a very specific stem length and I know PRO make stems in 1mm increments for Froome and the rest of SKY so maybe he's got hold of one.

Hows the step down on the stem of bike No.202  :drool:

Archived