Sadly I have not even looked at the teams, the route or the schedule for the TDF yet, I really dont feel very excited about it, so I dont feel in a position to play the game or make any assumptions. I'll most likely watch a bit, its been broadcast here, but I cant build that "past" enthusiasm.  

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will he to busy having handbag fights with his own team to irritate the rest.

I'm just waiting to see him 'pull a Hinault' and try and attack Aru in the mountains after promising to work for him in the lead-up.

I'm just waiting to see him 'pull a Hinault' and try and attack Aru in the mountains after promising to work for him in the lead-up.

Ja nee

This is going to be very interesting..

Unless of course it is Astana mind games again..

Which will also be interesting to watch as it is bound to backfire

Or get a pull from a team car

I reckon there'll be drama

They're two Italians after all

????

I'll also be looking closely at the co-leader pair of Porte and TvG in the BMC paddock...

Besides the unveiling of Orica's new sponsor

Have you guys heard the Bora Argon news..

Possibly the most exciting news yet......

Next year they will be known as..

Wait for it

BORA-HANSGROHE

New co-sponsor for Bora is Hansgrohe, the bathroom/kitchen company.

The bike will be Specialized..

Sagan (and his support riders from Tinkoff) & Majka set to join Bora-Hansgrohe

https://t.co/1sgNYZxQqf (Dutch)

(Just translate the article)

Sagan's deal is worth 4-5milliin euro.. but thats not just for him, that includes his support staff and his support riders btw) the deal is largely made possible through Specialized who he has a personal endorsement with.

If any are wondering Contador is in talks with Trek, everything is almost set there too.

There will be a press conference later today..

Suppose everything BUT riders will be confirmed as the rules stipulate.

Remember there are 2 world tour licences up for grabs with AIM and Tinkoff dissolving.

Edited by Gen

Besides the unveiling of Orica's new sponsor

Have you guys heard the Borax Argon news..

Possibly the most exciting news yet......

Next year they will be known as..

Wait for it

BORA-HANSGROHE

New co-sponsor for Bora is Hansgrohe, the bathroom/kitchen company.

The bike will be Specialized..

Sagan (and his support riders from Tinkoff) & Majka set to join Bora-Hansgrohe.

Jeez, that's big news - and completely unexpected. The last team you'd think of. Going back to a Pro Continental team? Well I guess Bora will be applying immediately for World Tour status as well, especially considering they've got the budget now.

I still believe that Quick-Step is the best fit for Sagan. On paper they were made for each other. What a powerhouse team that would be. 

But unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. After winning the Junior MTB World Champs in 2008, and then silver in the Junior Cyclocross World Champs in 2009 (and coming second in Junior Paris-Roubaix as well) Sagan wanted to switch to road.

So he joined Quick-Step for road testing but failed to secure a contract. From Wikipedia: "His frustration was so deep that he decided to quit road cycling, however pressed by his family he gave it a try with Liquigas-Doimo and succeeded."

Maybe he's still bitter about that experience and perhaps he and Lefévère don't like each other at all. Whatever the reason, it's a real pity. 

Edited by tombeej

Jeez, that's big news - and completely unexpected. The last team you'd think of. Going back to a Pro Continental team? Well I guess Bora will be applying immediately for World Tour status as well, especially considering they've got the budget now.

I still believe that Quick-Step is the best fit for Sagan. On paper they were made for each other. What a powerhouse team that would be.

But unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. After winning the Junior MTB World Champs in 2008, and then silver in the Junior Cyclocross World Champs in 2009 (and coming second in Junior Paris-Roubaix as well) Sagan wanted to switch to road.

So he joined Quick-Step for road testing but failed to secure a contract. From Wikipedia: "His frustration was so deep that he decided to quit road cycling, however pressed by his family he gave it a try with Liquigas-Doimo and succeeded."

Maybe he's still bitter about that experience and perhaps he and Lefévère don't like each other at all. Whatever the reason, it's a real pity.

Ja..

But to make space for Sagan at Etixx it would mean getting rid of a lot of riders.. seems Sagan is a hand in hand deal with a few other riders and not only his brother... so a lot of riders would have to leave to make that happen.. perhaps had they not signed Kittel it would have been possible.

One can be almost certain that they will have a world tour licence next year.. 2 teams leaving an Hansgrohe is a massive sponsor so they have the financial security.

I think this is very exciting news hey.

Edited by Gen

Ja..

But to make space for Sagan at Etixx it would mean getting rid of a lot of riders.. seems Sagan is a hand in hand deal with a few other riders and not only his brother... so a lot of riders would have to leave to make that happen.. perhaps had they not signed Kittel it would have been possible.

One can be almost certain that they will have a world tour licence next year.. 2 teams leaving an Hansgrohe is a massive sponsor so they have the financial security.

I think this is very exciting news hey.

Re. trying to fit his whole entourage into a team -- agreed, good point.

Just as long as they build the team around him, i.e. strong Classics-type riders who can go the distance in long hard 1 day races where he needs them. For too long he's been an add-on in teams focused on stage racing, so he's had to do it all on his own (one of the reasons he's had so many 2nd places in his career). Imagine what his palmares would look like now if he'd had a powerful Classics squad working for him. Looking foward to seeing how this one plays out.

Re. trying to fit his whole entourage into a team -- agreed, good point.

Just as long as they build the team around him, i.e. strong Classics-type riders who can go the distance in long hard 1 day races where he needs them. For too long he's been an add-on in teams focused on stage racing, so he's had to do it all on his own (one of the reasons he's had so many 2nd places in his career). Imagine what his palmares would look like now if he'd had a powerful Classics squad working for him. Looking foward to seeing how this one plays out.

I absolutely agree with that..

If you look at all the options available for him it would've been him having to freelance again

ASTANA have GC ambitions, Etixx have Kittel .. and I am sorry but Sagan having to lead out Kittel just seems wrong and their spring classic campaign.. too many riders are classics riders with ambitions. BMC even if didn't extend GVA they too have GC ambitions. And trek well I don't know if they do sign Bert then that option is also gone and plus they have Stuyven a rider with brilliant future ahead of him.. not to mention that they have signed Degenkolb.

I think Bora is a brilliant fit actually and a very exciting project... [emoji16]

Edit.. again.. forgot something..

I have been following news on Bora for a few weeks now as the whispers were making the rounds.. been biting my lip for a few weeks now..[emoji6]

Here is the English article

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-bora-argon-18-to-sign-sagan-and-add-hansgrohe-as-naming-rights-sponsor/

Edited by Gen

AC to Trek is quite unexpected, Then again even after signing Degenkolb they have a huge budget.

Like I said.. from what I have read that seems to be where he is heading.

I'd keep my eye on this boy too next week:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/7d367a20214bc08286afbe3c51b80e09/tumblr_o9djlogxM21ropreyo1_500.jpg

I'd keep my eye on this boy too next week:

That's if this one doesn't steal all the glory again. (which is likely)

http://67.media.tumblr.com/2f1ecabad9c6e18e65cb5fc8738dd1aa/tumblr_o9f4r33uia1ropreyo1_500.jpg