Sagan pointing at himself. Doesn't he look like the cat who got the cream. I'd called it that he'd set off to early, but he held his nerve and didn't sprint as he hit the front. He timed it to absolute perfection, and propelled by his luscious locks, he's across the line first.

A year ago he would've gotten nervous and chased down the little other attacks.. he has improved tactically a lot over the last 10 months or so..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The art of the bike throw.. remember how he wrapped up TOC last year [emoji122] [emoji122]

Actually it's the third time this TdF that a good old bike throw/lunge has helped a racer seal victory. It got used each time there was a photo finish.

And the random French rider award goes to...?

Alaphillipe? Granted the English sounding German riding for their Belgian team deserves it more so who knows maybe today it actually goes to someone who has earned it in Tony Martin.

These crazies

They have arrived at the tour.. Pink bus and all ( I am sure a pic bus pic will be online soon)

294a81e5c7348fa860a341b7fa0b75ea.jpg

Alaphillipe? Granted the English sounding German riding for their Belgian team deserves it more so who knows maybe today it actually goes to someone who has earned it in Tony Martin.

Fat chance.. it's going to Alaphilippe

Tony won't worry... yes went out on a TT training ride.. a long TT training ride.

These crazies

They have arrived at the tour.. Pink bus and all ( I am sure a pic bus pic will be online soon)

294a81e5c7348fa860a341b7fa0b75ea.jpg

Fat chance.. it's going to Alaphilippe

Tony won't worry... yes went out on a TT training ride.. a long TT training ride.

Yeah well the panzerwagen will get a well earned rest after that uber long TT training session tomorrow. Still bloody impressive to watch him do that. Not too sure that there's anyone in the peloton that can match that sort of individual effort. One of my favourites to watch, his fluidity is beyond amazing. One big uber turbo diesel!

"It was a very long stage and it was

very hot. I'm so happy and proud of my team because they did a very good job. I'm so happy to win for

them, for Tinkoff and for Oleg

[Tinkov]. It was unbelievable. A

lot of times I lose the race for

this [photo finish], and today I

won. I believe in destiny and

now it is turning back.

"Fans came here from Slovakia

and it is very nice that they

could come here to see me and

to cheer for me. I have some fans

in Switzerland, too." - From Cycling News quoting everyone's favourite favourite, the Sagz!

They are such a lovely couple

Check out @CyclingHubTV's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CyclingHubTV/status/755062772208136192?s=09

Yip.

Speaking of classy wives, anyone see the finish of the Open Championship yesterday ( golf) . Henrik Stenson, who won brilliantly, had his wife on the side of the final green watching. After he sunk the winning putt, she went and hugged and congratulated Phil, who came second, before she went to her husband. Can't replace manners and class.

Sorry for off topic, but impressive

Archived