Sprained thumb - what to do?

http://www.surgeonsforlittlelives.org/#/

Don't ask why.... just give them your R100 :)

I will match you at 1 hour per R1000.... if you go over 10k  - so if you lose, you donate R10 000 and if I win, you donate  R10 000 and I work 100 hours for them... free.

LOL that escalated quickly. If I lose, I'll donate R1000 to your charity :) Deal.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL that escalated quickly. If I lose, I'll donate R1000 to your charity :) Deal.

You do understand that 1k lets me off the hook? :)

(doesnt really matter - I already commmitted hours)

And the diagnosis is: torn ligaments. Going for surgery on Wednesday. No cycling for 6 weeks... damn.

Dam. Sorry about that. And that's how it goes.

And the diagnosis is: torn ligaments. Going for surgery on Wednesday. No cycling for 6 weeks... damn.

Now you have something to justify a 1x11 groupset! :whistling:

Now you have something to justify a 1x11 groupset! :whistling:

I have the same. Also I am a self-employed manual labourer so I couldn't make time to get it fixed. Believe me you want gripshift. Triggers will make you cry after 3 hours.

Sorry to hear bud! Heal up quick.

Go do some wattbike sessions at the gym to not lose too much legs :)

I have the same. Also I am a self-employed manual labourer so I couldn't make time to get it fixed. Believe me you want gripshift. Triggers will make you cry after 3 hours.

I know. Shifting was painful when I rode back home.

Sorry to hear bud! Heal up quick.

Go do some wattbike sessions at the gym to not lose too much legs :)

Thanks, that's exactly my plan. However my legs are so thin that it won't make much difference :mellow:

Trainer time.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You call it labour - I call it a vocation..... but I am still laughing.....

I managed to pop my right thumb out a few weeks ago while loading kids bikes on the rack.... my daughter has learned a few new words that escaped involuntarily while reducing it manually..... gripshift is a good thing indeed... as are singlespeeds.

I know. Shifting was painful when I rode back home.

In a way that's good news that you could still shift.  With mine there was no way I could even attempt to shift as I had no power. 

Hope you have a speedy recovery.  Oh and physio really helped once it started heeling to get strength and flexibility back (it was scary how little I had).

That's awful. Are you still riding with the strap?

Luckily its fine when riding so don't strap it anymore.  Only gets a little sore if doing rocky trails.

Hurts when I put too much pressure i.e lifting heavy objects etc.  All manageable though.

Luckily its fine when riding so don't strap it anymore.  Only gets a little sore if doing rocky trails.

Hurts when I put too much pressure i.e lifting heavy objects etc.  All manageable though.

Oh cool! I'm sure one day it will be 100%.

I just came back from the physio. She fitted a splint and it's making a big difference already. I can even bend the tip of the thumb. She's very confident it'll be 100% after the op and the therapy. I hinted if I could maybe go for a ride tomorrow, but nope, not even a short one. Oh well...

Archived