Your opinion - cycling town in Western Cape

Scooterza

Hey all

I am thinking of making a big change in my life.  Looking at moving from the big smoke.  

I don't want to move to Cape Town itself.  But looking to find a place that fits these requirements:

• Within 1 to max 2 hours drive of Cape Town
  • Awesome cycling in the area.  I am thinking specifically off road but also on road would be great
  • On the tourist trail would be great
  • Town that has the basics including decent schools for kids
  • Happening place with happening people!  

Suggestions most appreciated!

Cheers

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you get better suggestions than Stellenbosch or Paarl, I'd be surprised.

(Not that I'm in properties or knowledgeable about that kinda stuff, just my 2c)

Stellenbosch...

... but Paarl is cheaper, doesn't have the traffic issues when students are about, and (I think) doesn't have the crime rate...

... but Paarl is cheaper, doesn't have the traffic issues when students are about, and (I think) doesn't have the crime rate...

Paarl gets uncomfortably hot in the summer. That's a big disadvantage for me.

Loving staying in somerset west. All of the above, but with a close proximity to the ocean and access to decent shops and services. 15kms from stellies and nice wide roads all the way there. Close to he highway so if you have to travel to town, you're sorted.

Moved to somerset west in March from Edenvale:)

Hermanus is a very small town and probably quiet as well. Also a lot further out.

No man, Hermanus is 1.5 hours from CT. 2 hours and a bit in traffic.

Loving staying in somerset west. All of the above, but with a close proximity to the ocean and access to decent shops and services. 15kms from stellies and nice wide roads all the way there. Close to he highway so if you have to travel to town, you're sorted.

Moved to somerset west in March from Edenvale:)

I'm from Edenvale and seriously considering the same move - Somerset West for me is the answer, it's a great place - I went to Helderberg College during high school and have very fond memories of th place

Archived