Thank you - chivalry is not dead

Froglet

After being off the bike for a couple of years I must admit I am a bit rusty in the "changing a flat department". As such found myself in the pathetic stranded female category on Saturday in the cradle when my back tyre punctured. 

I don't know the guy's name but I hope you're reading this. Thanks for helping me changing my back tyre and for giving me a bomb. I am super grateful!! 

THANK YOU and happy riding! 

After being off the bike for a couple of years I must admit I am a bit rusty in the "changing a flat department". As such found myself in the pathetic stranded female category on Saturday in the cradle when my back tyre punctured. 

I don't know the guy's name but I hope you're reading this. Thanks for helping me changing my back tyre and for giving me a bomb. I am super grateful!! 

THANK YOU and happy riding! 

He goes by the Hub name Rouxtjie........

......always willing to help a damsel in distress......he shares everything....

.....you must thank him.

Have to say, the SA riding scene is pretty good when it comes to offering assistance.

Most of the time, you can't even stop for a breather and a banana without being 'accosted' by good Samaritans......long may that continue. 

It happened to me as well during the 99er last year. Although i can change a tyre i just for the life of me could not get it fixed during the race, and some awesome kind dude stopped and helped me, i think he could see my frustration.... 

Offered to buy him a beer at the finish line but never saw him again.. Awesome kind dude if you reading this.... that beer is still on the table!

I find that most of the time when you see a rider stopped (even just to stretch the leg cramp out) or stranded most people often ask if you are ok if you need help.... It's awesome! 

It happened to me as well during the 99er last year. Although i can change a tyre i just for the life of me could not get it fixed during the race, and some awesome kind dude stopped and helped me, i think he could see my frustration.... 

Offered to buy him a beer at the finish line but never saw him again.. Awesome kind dude if you reading this.... that beer is still on the table!

I find that most of the time when you see a rider stopped (even just to stretch the leg cramp out) or stranded most people often ask if you are ok if you need help.... It's awesome! 

That is way cool! 

If the beer is unclaimed after a year, surely one of us can claim it in a pay it forward kind of vibe?  :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:

In the Spirit of "the walking Dead" and in Daryl's Voice..... " Claimed" :ph34r:  :whistling:

Where can i get my free ice cold beer.... :clap:

Until you do a triathlon.  I had a mechanical on the mtb leg and was shocked that at least 10 people passed me before a lady asked if I was ok.   Made me realise how great the mtb community is.

In the Spirit of "the walking Dead" and in Daryl's Voice..... " Claimed" :ph34r:  :whistling:

Where can i get my free ice cold beer.... :clap:

I will fax it to you - send me a fax number  :)

I will fax it to you - send me a fax number  :)

Unless the fax contains a voucher for a couple of free beers at Tops... :clap:  :thumbup:

Until you do a triathlon.  I had a mechanical on the mtb leg and was shocked that at least 10 people passed me before a lady asked if I was ok.   Made me realise how great the mtb community is.

I don't know about those 3 legged peeps but I do find that the roadies are pretty cool:-)

Archived