New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

On 6/25/2024 at 8:02 PM, patham said:

Beware of deterioration! Amazing how hydraulic brakes turn to sponge, sealant turns into gunk, chains turn into friction generators, and gear indexing falls apart when bikes are left alone too long. My one spare bike became an absolute health hazard and was unrideable after sitting for 1.5 years.

I have stripped my beloved bike this past weekend and taken the fork, shock and dropper in for a full service. The bearings in the suspension links are done! 

Going to be good riding again after this, thinking of booking in weekends already with Layla.

But I'm going to Japan from 1st Sep - end Nov (business), so will have to put that on hold a bit.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/25/2024 at 7:56 PM, patham said:

Just as a warning for Hayleyearth, this drowned Xenomorph from Aliens nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw it in a drainage pit in my backyard. I really, really, really never want to see a live one.

D8360551-4743-436D-AD33-79938729FCE8.jpeg.9af9963aa312d63d509b2bf3f69cb533.jpeg

I'll actually be in Brisbane on 5th Aug, quick business trip (I'm employing someone there at the new Suntory factory in Swanbank).

22 minutes ago, hayleyearth said:

I'll actually be in Brisbane on 5th Aug, quick business trip (I'm employing someone there at the new Suntory factory in Swanbank).

Swanbank- Ipswich. The Springs of Brisbane. Don’t judge us all like that please.

But as you drive there you might see my hills of my local trails on the right hand side of the M5 highway from the airport just as you exit the Legacy Way tunnel.

I’ll be in the vineyards outside Adelaide for a work conference that week, so I can’t offer a 1 hour tour….

19 hours ago, hayleyearth said:

Riding looks a bit different these day than what it did on The Spruit....

10 points for the 1st one to recognize the old Spruit local :)

IMG-20240630-WA0000.jpg.b3b9bdf1539987c4d9129a68d3099b8c.jpg

IMG-20240630-WA0049.jpg.247858e1ec2f1c7947a89d42d1078bbe.jpg

It’s Jay, glad to see he can still pedal a bicycle..: 🤪

On 7/10/2024 at 3:55 PM, Stretched@Birth said:

It’s Jay, glad to see he can still pedal a bicycle..: 🤪

Boy can he ever!

I know when he first moved over he was commuting from Titirangi to Mt Wellington and back each day... and it's not a flat ride.

image.png.fcf8842c960fbac649435537e8503861.png

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Wayne Potgieter said:

BUMP

How is everyone doing on this thread? Everyone ok?

All good thanks, was a wet weekend in Wellington... why am I surpised?