New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the calculation on Sunday at WW again of your pic you sent the other day (didn't know you had a 700g tomatoes, I only priced a 400g or so) and the comparison isnt THAT bad. You said you paid R170 ish for the items below (I think there must have been a chocolate hiding there somewhere...haha) but the items came to R130 at WW. Not toooo bad.

attachicon.gifIMG-20160415-WA0007.jpg

Are you a rabbit ?

Are you a rabbit ?

That's Patches pic, not mine. I don't eat apples and my trips to the shops will always have some carbs in it (like pitas or english muffins). 

That's Patches pic, not mine. I don't eat apples and my trips to the shops will always have some carbs in it (like pitas or english muffins). 

Ok.....you have restored my faith in female kind.......

Sweet deal! Welcome!

Hope you guys had a decent flight.

Once I find out which hotel I'm in, and how mobile I am, we can arrange a meetup.

It'll have to be McD's or Burger King, because eve those meals are like R150 - R200 a pop.

Or we can meetup at the nearest Pak 'n Save after 8pm, when the pizza rolls go on special (3 for the price of 1).

:lol:

If I have to mention an 'ugly' it has to be food prices. Yes I'm converting, but I haven't been paid yet so I'm still running on Rands.

But yeah, R35 for a lettuce. R50 for a 700g pack of tomatoes. And that's all form the cheapest of the 3 main supermarket chains.

The flight was long! (Via Dubai).

Day one - we have our bank accounts sorted and cell phone SIM cards. Tomorrow sees IRD numbers and drivers license conversions.

Tomorrow night we are going with our AirBNB host to a Turners $5000 or less auction for a car. As it turns out his son is buying a car this week too (big win for the inside info)

I think we will be fine...????

Whereabouts are you based bud?

We are in Bucklands Beach until Tuesday, then moving to Takapuna until June. After that - north shore somewhere.

We are in Bucklands Beach until Tuesday, then moving to Takapuna until June. After that - north shore somewhere.

Bucklands beach is up the road from me.

Really good fish and chips there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I did the calculation on Sunday at WW again of your pic you sent the other day (didn't know you had a 700g tomatoes, I only priced a 400g or so) and the comparison isnt THAT bad. You said you paid R170 ish for the items below (I think there must have been a chocolate hiding there somewhere...haha) but the items came to R130 at WW. Not toooo bad.

attachicon.gifIMG-20160415-WA0007.jpg

I remembered the total wrong. It was just over $20 (so R200) for those few items

The flight was long! (Via Dubai).

Day one - we have our bank accounts sorted and cell phone SIM cards. Tomorrow sees IRD numbers and drivers license conversions.

Tomorrow night we are going with our AirBNB host to a Turners $5000 or less auction for a car. As it turns out his son is buying a car this week too (big win for the inside info)

I think we will be fine...

Sounds like you've got it all figured out!  :thumbup: 

Yeah, I had a 6hr wait in the Christchurch Airport between when I landed and when the sun came up. Fortunately there was a Spark kiosk there open until like 2am, so I signed up for a call plan right then and there.

None of this proof of residence and 3 months bank statements. I got the one that also allows the addition of 200 international minutes for $10.

Bank and IRD I only sorted out a few days later. Also painless.

When I was car hunting I did go look at the Turners here in ChCh, but I found something at another dealer for a good price.

I have yet to sort out my license conversion though. I need to go get an eye test from an optometrist, then they will be sorted.

But yeah, FB message me your NZ number and we can arrange to meetup when I'm in Auckland at the beginning of next month.

Cool, I lived in Taka for 2 years. Great place, give us a shout and we can hook up

Im off to the coromandel this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Enjoy. We thinking of going to Waihiki(spelling?) Island

Sounds like you've got it all figured out! :thumbup:

Yeah, I had a 6hr wait in the Christchurch Airport between when I landed and when the sun came up. Fortunately there was a Spark kiosk there open until like 2am, so I signed up for a call plan right then and there.

None of this proof of residence and 3 months bank statements. I got the one that also allows the addition of 200 international minutes for $10.

Bank and IRD I only sorted out a few days later. Also painless.

When I was car hunting I did go look at the Turners here in ChCh, but I found something at another dealer for a good price.

I have yet to sort out my license conversion though. I need to go get an eye test from an optometrist, then they will be sorted.

But yeah, FB message me your NZ number and we can arrange to meetup when I'm in Auckland at the beginning of next month.

We have done it all the other way round.

License conversion at AA was quick and painless.

I didn't come right at the auction so we rented a car for a week to ease the pressure. Hopefully will still find something this coming week.

FB message to follow...

I went fishing after work last week Friday and got this sunset. Oh and a few snapper for supper, too :)

That was an EPIC afternoon...