Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

If you've got an HPPP, it's a premium waiver for your med aid. You get paybacks either every year or 5 years, depending on your claims & vitality status, and whether you have a discovery credit card or not. This would definitely be tied to Vitality.

If you have an income replacement benefit, they are tied to a policy that has an element of Life Cover, and you MAY have the Payback benefit activated. You also might not. It all depends on how the policy is structured and whether it was requested or not, or put in place by your broker... 

Thanks, do not think have anything activate, so will check with my broker... much appreciated :)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up my Watch courtesy of vitality!

Hmmmm... A little more than that please:

How did you go about this?

Where is the picture?

What did you sign?

What are the terms?

What are the goals?

Was this posted from your watch?

Just picked up my Watch courtesy of vitality!

I just took up the option too... was looking to get a Garmin Fenix, but this offer was just too good to refuse.

Hmmmm... A little more than that please:

How did you go about this?

Where is the picture?

What did you sign?

What are the terms?

What are the goals?

Was this posted from your watch?

Most of the answers on the attached sheet... vitality_active_rewards_apple_watch_benefit_guide.pdf

You need a Disco Card too though it seems (sorry if I missed it mentioned elsewhere, haven't followed the whole thread)

Whole process managed through the Disco App

Terms - basically use the watch enough and you will pay little to nothing. Sit on your couch and you're in for full price, but interest free over 24months (still actually a good deal)

Don't know how they might crank the goals up heading forward, but the initial ones are very modest to say the least!

Ja I decided to pay in 900 and take them 42 mm... Must say it's a pretty device. If I don't use it and just go back to my garmin IL still give this to my wife... And ja with my weekend rides and my weekday commutes I will hit 1200 easy.. Then I still track walking and a park run every now and then... Plus currently my goal is 200 lol!

Ja I decided to pay in 900 and take them 42 mm... Must say it's a pretty device. If I don't use it and just go back to my garmin IL still give this to my wife... And ja with my weekend rides and my weekday commutes I will hit 1200 easy.. Then I still track walking and a park run every now and then... Plus currently my goal is 200 lol!

Hmmm, can you pair one watch to two devices, not at the same time, but if I want to use it during the week and wife on the weekend, will that be ok?

Does it measure heart rate on wrist?

Hmmm, can you pair one watch to two devices, not at the same time, but if I want to use it during the week and wife on the weekend, will that be ok?

Does it measure heart rate on wrist?

On wrist, yes.

Not sure of the pairing, but I don't think so... May just be a simple bluetooth pairing, in which case I am sure it can, and then you upload the exercise to your strava instead of your wife's...

Now I have to get an Iphone 5 to get the watch !! 

The wife upgraded to the iPhone 6 a few months back, so I get to hijack the older iPhone 5. She's rolling on the floor in stitches as I said I'd never get an iPhone. Where there's a means there's a way.

Edit: now I need to find out IF I need R20K credit limit if both the wife and I decide to get one, or if the R10K credit limit covers two members. She also has a Disco card, but it's on my name (secondary).

Edited by geraldm24

On wrist, yes.

Not sure of the pairing, but I don't think so... May just be a simple bluetooth pairing, in which case I am sure it can, and then you upload the exercise to your strava instead of your wife's...

If thats the case the wife is going to get a "Xmas" present. 

We are camping for xmas, so not much worse than sleeping on a half inflated blow up mattress. 

The wife upgraded to the iPhone 6 a few months back, so I get to hijack the older iPhone 5. She's rolling on the floor in stitches as I said I'd never get an iPhone. Where there's a means there's a way.

Edit: now I need to find out IF I need R20K credit limit if both the wife and I decide to get one, or if the R10K credit limit covers two members. She also has a Disco card, but it's on my name (secondary).

Think there is a limit of one per plan.

Think there is a limit of one per plan.

Yip, you are right...

NEED TO KNOW
  • You need to have Vitality Active Rewards active.
  • Pay a non-refundable activation fee of R350 with your Discovery Card.
  • You can buy one Apple Watch per Vitality policy in a 24-month period.
  • Applicable to Apple Watch Sport 38mm. You can select a different model by paying the difference upfront at the iStore. The Apple Watch is earned over a 24-month period.
  • You require a Discovery Card in good standing to qualify for Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch.
  • iPhone 5 or later is required to use Apple Watch.
  • Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of Vitality Active Rewards.
  • Terms and conditions of the Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch benefit apply.