[Event] 24Hours Of Oak Valley MTB Relay

Dirtopia MTB Events

My son did it last year as part of one of the PV school teams.  This year it is clashing with the first WP XCO race.  So we are not yet sure which to go for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just entered. I feel the knot in my stomach growing.

I've never quite figured out why I put myself through events like this.

I have just entered. I feel the knot in my stomach growing.

I've never quite figured out why I put myself through events like this.

You can relax Dane, I'm in a team this year. I believe Ray is also in a team.

Doesn't make it any easier. It's my own demons that I'm most afraid of ;)

Looks like their might be some rain. Last year there was also promise of some rain.

I am getting excited for some laps.

So, my son will be racing in one of the PV school teams.  Paul Roos will also be there this year.  So, you old manne must get ready to be molested on the ST by the young guns.  Last year one of the boys did a sub 29m lap.

I will be sitting around getting boys ready for the change over, and watch you guys suffer.

Team Hievrekonsvandag is ready to rock in the Mixed and OneFourZero categories. Had our meeting, discussed our strategy, and ready to execute... will it be flawless, only time (24hours) will tell...

I am finally in a team for this, super happy :-) 

We are a VERY social team called the CarrotCakers.    Team meeting was all about what food we going to eat, when we will stop at Perrigrine for Springboks pies and then important things like making sure we have shade. 

Going to be a blast.  Bring on the rain !!!

What is the deal with this race and the raging fire burning through the area?

I know it was on the other side of the N2 but I saw pictures of Old Mac Daddy's under threat which is just down the road.

Any news? It is going to be helluva hard going if you are riding inhaling smoke!

I tried my bestest to try and organise myself and my bike some plane tickets to come and ride this, but alas.

Good luck to all and remember to have fun!

I need to sort out some super local anesthetic killing bum cream. Last year the morning monkey bum was a serious problem. otherwise I will replace the energy drinks with Red Heart Rum.

As for getting molested on the ST.... I weigh 100kg Gravity likes fat blokes on bikes when going down a mountain :)

As for goals, I have one don't bomb and not finish, anything over double figure laps will be good.

So, my son will be racing in one of the PV school teams.  Paul Roos will also be there this year.  So, you old manne must get ready to be molested on the ST by the young guns.  Last year one of the boys did a sub 29m lap.

I will be sitting around getting boys ready for the change over, and watch you guys suffer.

I don't mind getting molested, as long as it's prefaced with a "Please" and followed by a "Thank you". Forget your manners and I can get annoyingly wide and slow. ;)

seeing as @velouria is my hero and im seriously lacking in training and the team we won with 3 years ago is no more, im prolly entering solo cat.

dont worry dane - your crown isnt under any threat. if i do 15 laps i'll be surprised