Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

Hi if anyone has a extra person that can drive a car down from Willowmore please let me know. We got a entry over the weekend for the race on the 13th got everything sorted except for getting the car down to Jeffreys. The shuttle service has been fully booked. Please send me a PM.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi if anyone has a extra person that can drive a car down from Willowmore please let me know. We got a entry over the weekend for the race on the 13th got everything sorted except for getting the car down to Jeffreys. The shuttle service has been fully booked. Please send me a PM.

Might be able to help. Have send you a message.

I think you'll be fine on those ratios. I'm running 2x10 with 30t on the small ring up front and I've just fitted a 42t expander sprocket on the back. I managed the hills in Suikerbosrand fairly comfortably the other day with those gears. The gradients there are similar to those in TB

How does that setup run ? I'm running 2 x 10 with 11-36 on the back and was thinking of doing the same. Do you have any problems not having a NW chainring on the front ?

Last bit of hard riding done this weekend, getting properly excited for the race now. See all you crazy peeps on the 20th and good luck to the other crazy peeps riding this weekend!

How does that setup run ? I'm running 2 x 10 with 11-36 on the back and was thinking of doing the same. Do you have any problems not having a NW chainring on the front ?

I've had no problems whatsoever, and the shift from 36 to 42 is surprisingly smooth. I'm just careful not to cross chain. Glad I made the change. Just the little bit of extra help I needed on the climbs

Whats TB in comparison to Attakwas? Who is worse or better?

I've never done Attakwas, but judging from what friends have said, TB is like a picnic by comparison.

Might be able to help. Have send you a message.

Thank you so much for the assistance.  Ill see you on Friday. 

I`ve done both. Atta is toughrer. :devil:  Just dont race the first half. Dry clothes @ Bergplaas and you are on your way. :clap:  :clap:

I've never done Attakwas, but judging from what friends have said, TB is like a picnic by comparison.

More crappy marketing hype by TB "toughest one-day Mtb race in the world"; not if I can do it, it isn't!

More crappy marketing hype by TB "toughest one-day Mtb race in the world"; not if I can do it, it isn't!

You cant compare the 2 events.

Atta has a time limit of 11 hours, lots of climb in 121km`s. Extreme heat conditions.

Baviaans gives you 24 hours and lots of water crossings. The nights could be COLD. Its a different experience all toghether. M2c worth.

Both events are awesome.

You cant compare the 2 events.

Atta has a time limit of 11 hours, lots of climb in 121km`s. Extreme heat conditions.

Baviaans gives you 24 hours and lots of water crossings. The nights could be COLD. Its a different experience all toghether. M2c worth.

Both events are awesome.

For sure, just the slogan is shite

Does anyone know if there is a bike rack available for a 2015 Honda Ballade. Unfortunately it does not have a towbar. I do have a roof rack on my polo vivo but according to Thule they don't have any bike racks available for the Ballade. My initial idea was to get the necessary adapters to fit the roofrack on the ballade.

Unfortunately the person driving the car from Willowmore to Jbay can only drive a automatic car.   

Like anything, it's what you make of it. Take the full 24 hours at Baviaans and it is definitely going to be a picnic. Aim to ride as fast as possible and you'll experience a whole world of misery.

Hubbers, I am really nervous about this one. I have never done it before (or anything remotely like it). I hope to be done in 13 to 14 hours. Some times I have done are: 6:02 on the 99km Sani2C day 2. 5:04 on the Sabie Marathon. 4:50 on the Barberton 75km. 6:45 on a 133km ride with 1444m of climbing. I don’t think I have it in me to be on a bike for longer than 14 hrs. Lets see what happens…..

Archived