Ironman 70.3 Durban 2016

shaper

Cool, you can look out for me.. will probably be in a black and yellow skins suit on a black and white Orbea tri bike :)

Also tweaked a hamstring on my Wednesday run, will see how it feels on my run on Sunday... still a few weeks to recover

Will swim in a budgie smuggler in < 30 group, Cervelo S3 road bike on cycle...walk the run :)

was aiming for a sub 6 and hope this injury does not jeopardise that

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wetsuits have a shelf life afaik of around 4 years anyway. So if you comfortable using it in the pool to build confidence etc just use it and rinse it afterwards, don't stress too much.

If you run, we wear away our tekkies which are way more expensive over a 4 year period than wetsuits, we ride our bicycles the cost of tyres, chains etc is way more than wetsuits so don't worry too much of using it in a pool. Just do it although ppl may look at you funny

I have heard that your wetsuit lasts longer if you soak it in pilchard blood before every ocean swim :whistling:

I will be going into this race extremely under trained..

just going to try wing the swim, wont get time for more than 2 or 3 swims to prepare..

Bike should be ok and the run will depend on the bike I think.. :mellow:

Need to exercise some willpower to take it easy, but I don't have much of that when we hit the start line.... :thumbdown:

just going to try wing the swim, wont get time for more than 2 or 3 swims to prepare..

Need to exercise some willpower to take it easy, but I don't have much of that when we hit the start line.... :thumbdown:

:whistling:  http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/south-africa/register.aspx#axzz4AEc4hVEF 

My training was going well... Then got sick last week. Was told to lay off until this Thursday. Hard to do when I'm feeling great now

My race number is 1958.

Looking to do 5.45 on the day

I will be riding Specialized Shiv(Aluminium frame) with Zipp wheels, with Compressport kit

I cannot wait

Same here. Having looked at Durban's 2015 times, I was also hoping for a really good time, but between lack of motivation, work, getting sick, winter, etc my training has not gone to plan. I have decided to just go as hard as my body allows and take whatever time I get.

One lesson I have learned this year is to not schedule any A-races after Ironman.

10 days to go....looking forward to it. Calf muscle strain seems to be healing nicely, swim going well, a lil undertrained on the bike but ce la vie..

Please all wait for me at the finish so I'm not the only person watching the rubbish trucks working

Training was going okish then I got bronchitis and my bronchitis also got bronchitis now I'm in survival mode!

Was going to give it a miss but I've just accepted a job ovs so this will be my swan song........

Oh well at least I will get my full money worth and use all the allotted time

Ok so I did something I shouldn't have....checked Sunday's weather...going to be windy!

winter in DBN....was always a great chance of riding back into a massive headwind. At least the way out should be fast.

Run will also be tough in the wind, but it is what it is

winter in DBN....was always a great chance of riding back into a massive headwind. At least the way out should be fast.

Run will also be tough in the wind, but it is what it is

As long as the wind starts after the swim

Been down with flu for the last week, manage 2 spluttering 8km runs this week... going to try to do a longish ride tomorrow as it feels like the flu is clearing up :)

Well at least I cannot say will be fatigued on the day as will feel like have been tapering for 2 weeks !!

Ok so I did something I shouldn't have....checked Sunday's weather...going to be windy!

What site did you use?