Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

I can't... Really guys you like having this on your wrist?

You really dont have to like it... Watches come in all flavours. Some work some people, whilst it doesnt work for others...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys can you please help with the discovery app..

It says under discovery vatality last sync date with apple health was about 1 hour ago ,but has not synced my past 2 days workouts..

I delinked it and linked it again and now if i press sync ,it just greys out after a while..

So at the moment i am looseing my vatality points and will soon have to start paying discovery for my watch.

And the difference between this and a bulky fenix/suunto/polar?

Suppose it is personal preference at the end of the day, but this just makes so much sense for me. I use the Apple Watch to the full for work/play. Having two watches is a mission.

What do you wear on the wrist?

Currently a fenix 3, don't get me wrong apple watch is beautiful but not with such a piece of plastic on.

I had the 42 mm for around a week, traded it for a 38 and gave that to my wife.

If the battery gave me at least 100km of mtb and still had a full day left I would have taken it. But left it naked..

On the old suunto and every single polar I agree, ugly... But the fenix 3, suunto traverse etc are pretty.

Guys can you please help with the discovery app..

It says under discovery vatality last sync date with apple health was about 1 hour ago ,but has not synced my past 2 days workouts..

I delinked it and linked it again and now if i press sync ,it just greys out after a while..

So at the moment i am looseing my vatality points and will soon have to start paying discovery for my watch.

Seems to be a delay on their side, my last 2 activities aren't showing also. 

Currently a fenix 3, don't get me wrong apple watch is beautiful but not with such a piece of plastic on.

I had the 42 mm for around a week, traded it for a 38 and gave that to my wife.

If the battery gave me at least 100km of mtb and still had a full day left I would have taken it. But left it naked..

On the old suunto and every single polar I agree, ugly... But the fenix 3, suunto traverse etc are pretty.

I have OCD and paranoid with scratches and longevity of items. Agree that it looks better naked. I do like the Fenix 3, growing on me. But im a apple sucker (must be some sort of disease...). Fenix was on my short list. 

I was going to wait for my cell phone upgrade and change back to Apple so I could get the watch, but now wondering if the watch is going to be beneficial.

I will use it mainly for running and some gym use, as I have a Edge510 for cycling so the watch will not replace that.

so should I wait or will a dedicated running watch like a Forerunner for R2k be a better option for me.

I like the idea of this watch, it would be perfect if it could register swims at the gym - speaking of which Vitality Rewards program does not recognise swim work out, lengths etc that are uploaded from Garmin, anyone know if this will be addressed soon?

It does, mine has been scoring me points for some time now. I purchased the HRM-SWIM recently though and the addition of HR data from the swim has shown extra points being awarded as a result.

Anyone know where i can get decent covers for an Apple Watch from?

Other than Macnificent or Takealot?

A mate of mine for one from a place called ifix just outside P'nP in Fourways Crossing, extend the water resistance to 50m and has some other cool items.

I was going to wait for my cell phone upgrade and change back to Apple so I could get the watch, but now wondering if the watch is going to be beneficial.

I got the apple watch because it's "free".

If I had the money I'd get the to Tom runner cardio....

I got the apple watch because it's "free".

If I had the money I'd get the to Tom runner cardio....

Well the "free" part attracts me too, I just need it for basic stuff, well mainly for a 5-10km run and gym use. Guess it could possibly be ok for that. 

A mate of mine for one from a place called ifix just outside P'nP in Fourways Crossing, extend the water resistance to 50m and has some other cool items.

Thanks, I got one from Takealot for R140.. does the business perfectly.

Loving all the feedback, was very tempted to take this Apple/Discovery deal but decided to pass. In two years time i would really like to see if you guys post how much the watch ended up costing you at the end of the day. Personally I couldn't see myself using the watch for two years though. I battle to keep the same phone for two years.

Quick question on Strava: can you change the type of exercise on the watch? It shows my default (cycling), but went for a run this morning and tried to change in the watch. Eventually change in the phone but it didn't change to run on the watch.

Other than the "me too" factor, I do not see any compelling reason to get an Apple Watch. <<-- Disclaimer: I already have multiple Garmin devices!

There are HRM/GPS combinations cheaper out there to be used as sports watches, - many of them also have push notifications from phone to watch. There are devices even cheaper to use as step counters only.

Most of us carry cell phones with us every step of the day, and many of these have built-in step-counters (accelerometers) for "non-sporting" days;

- Apple's Apple Health - which counts steps without a "watch" - and it seems as if Discovery links to it?

- Samsung S-Health for all (not only Samsung) Android 4.4+ devices - which Discovery lists as a partner

Not sure whether a R5900 gamble against the credit card will make me any more active, or change my activity habits - which are pretty active already!

Is the Apple Watch / Discovery link just a ruse to sell sales, or incentive to be active, or is it a genuine help for fitness tracking - given that you must have an Apple phone which don't need the watch to count steps, for it to work?

Archived