Another Cyclist....

bobbie

Cyclist ?lost control? say police

http://blog.ecr.co.za/newswatch/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/cyclist-helmet.jpgMore details have come to light about today?s cycling accident in the Hillcrest area in which a woman in her thirties tragically lost her life?

The police?s Daniela Veldhuizen says they?re investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident in which Lindy de Beer died after being knocked over by a truck.

?It?s alleged that she lost control of the bicycle and landed underneath the truck. At this stage we?re not sure if the truck driver actually saw her? we haven?t arrested the truck driver. Police are investigating this case and if he?s found to be negligent, we?ll arrest him.?

De Beer had apparently been out cycling on Jan Smuts Avenue with a group of friends at around lunchtime today - when the tragic incident occured.

It?s believed she was married with two young children.

This happened at round about lunch time yesterday.  The area she was cycling in is called Winston Park and is the most beautiful area with tree lined streets (not long ago I posted some photos of this very road in misty conditions).  Yesterday was a perfectly clear, autumn day. 

We have had 4 incidents of people being "bike jacked" in Hillcrest and our cycling clubs have advised all us lady cyclists to always ride in groups and avoid the "problem areas"....

Winston Park is the area where I, and many other lady cyclists still dare ride, as its regarded as "a quiet" area...  How wrong we all are. 

My sincere condolences to her family, I can not even begin to imagine the hurt you are all feeling right now.

Rest in peace Lindy

bobbie, i will be staying in the area for the tour d'urban. any chance you could take for a ride around there in her memory?

Not a close friend no, but still.  I have probably cycled past her and her friends on many occasions...

I just find it so unnerving since I take my little ones to cycle in that exact area - because its safe...

so tragic my condolences .

Bobbie you take care when you cycle and HR is most noble of you well done my freind .

My heart will be with you guys in durbs you now my blood is black and white !!!!

Cry R.I.P. Condolences to the family and GREAT strength for the kids. I seriously can't imagine my kid's lives without their momCry

Great gesture HRThumbs%20Up, and I would like to join this group, if I may.

so tragic my condolences .

Bobbie you take care when you cycle and HR is most noble of you well done my freind .

My heart will be with you guys in durbs you now my blood is black and white !!!!

Ditto