multitool

Slowbee

This is my tool of choice. 16 tools / 167grams. Goes everywhere with the bike. Too scared not to. With my luck, the first time i leave it at home, the Cotic will need 14 of the 16 tools to get going again...

post-37969-0-08737100-1449756918_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another one:  how do you open powerlinks without the correct pliers?

you not supposed to open powerlinks on a ride :)

This is my tool of choice. 16 tools / 167grams. Goes everywhere with the bike. Too scared not to. With my luck, the first time i leave it at home, the Cotic will need 14 of the 16 tools to get going again...

+1 for Topeak tools. I've had an Alien XS that has lasted many years (12+) and have recently bought one of these (Topeak Mini 20):

http://www.cybervelo.com/12271-thickbox/topeak-multi-tools-mini-20-pro-gold.jpg

Brands I've had less luck with are Lezyne (gone rusty) and Park Tool (inconsistent quality - some are great, some are crap).

http://www.flowbikestore.com/image/cache/data/PRO/Multiherramientas/Manojo%20Multiherramienta%20Pro%20s-slide%2020%20cerrado%20logo-500x500.jpg

http://www.flowbikestore.com/image/data/PRO/Multiherramientas/Manojo%20Multiherramienta%20Pro%20s-slide%2020%20LOGO.jpg

SLIDE PRO S-20 is a PRO brand multitool with 20 functions and very compact.

Alloy body with nickel plated steel tools.

Integrated design and lightweight only 166 grams.

Hex keys 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 mm.

Standard and Phillips screwdrivers 1 and 2

Torx T25

3 keys for radios

Wrenches 8, 9 and 10

Removable cover (This is actually a tyre leve)

Chain Tool with Shimano chain pin 9, 10, 11 speed

Includes protective sleeve.

Very compact. Fits in that tiny camabak tikie pocket.

I've never needed more than it had on the trail.

I like this one..where did you get it?

:thumbup:  I showed just the 'tools', on the spares side I carry a quicklink and a spare valve core. I also always carry a small pump, if it's an important 'event' I'll tape a spare tjoop under my seat.

I have not used a tube in a few years (on MTB that is, on road ja now that's a whole other story sadly :whistling:  )..... anyone else?

Then we are identical. Have not used a tube in years, but sometimes carry one. The little pliers is a lifesaver. You have to draw a line somewhere, otherwise you would need trailer to tow a spare bike.

attachicon.gifhexus2.jpg

This tool is the shiz biz!

Archived