Cyclist killed today Cape Town/Glen/Roundhouse

Sidmouth

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round House Restaurant very busy this afternoon with year end functions and both entrances are very dangerous.Surely the restaurant should do more to regulate traffic for their customers on these exits/entrances.Especially dangerous if you are going to turn right up towards Kloofnek.

Round House Restaurant very busy this afternoon with year end functions and both entrances are very dangerous.Surely the restaurant should do more to regulate traffic for their customers on these exits/entrances.Especially dangerous if you are going to turn right up towards Kloofnek.

we had our end of year lunch there today. .....our office certainly behaved ourselves, the group on the lawn rather the opposite!

When exiting from roundhouse the view lines are exceptionally poor. I had to edge my way slowly into the street to kook for on coming traffic. Dangerous is an understatement.

So sorry for his family.

I ride that route, at pace at least 2 x per week, no more...........learn to slow things down.

So yesterday afternoon (after having read this thread - and very saddened by it)  I get a message from my friend, our beloved friend died in a motorcycle accident, he was on his way to Broederstroom (year end function) and a taxi made a U-turn in front of him.

1 day, two lives ripped on these roads.

Lat night I said an extra prayer for Dean and his family and for my dear friend Henk and his family.

Life is so precious

I knew the rider and the family. It's a tragic accident. 37yrs old out on a training ride and never going to go home to his young family. A young boy who will grow up without his dad.

That intersection needs a mirror for drivers pulling out. The bushes need to be maintained. Cyclists need to be more mindful of that (concealed) road up ahead when riding that route. Caution for everyone. None of us are invincible.

I saw this evening that the bush has been cut back. Still a phenomenal shame that someone died before it happened.

As a father of a young family this scares the crap out of me.

The road through the Round House grounds is public. The Round House is prohibited from any action in respect of it. They have tried.

I saw this evening that the bush has been cut back. Still a phenomenal shame that someone died before it happened.

As a father of a young family this scares the crap out of me.

It's sad that the only time we get action in sa is after someone dies.

Often it takes many more to die before the obvious is attended too.

All this talk about Job creation is such bs. The jobs are there but the money just lines fat cat pockets

I studied with Dan at UCT, he was the nicest guy. This is so awful :'(

Sending love to his family.

RIP "Dan the man", as we used to call you.

Archived