Easton Rear hub replacement

PregoRoll

Howzit guys and Girls, 

I have a pair of Easton EA70 XC Wheels and want to replace the rear hub as all I have heard is bad things about them, 

I have been told that Novatec makes an affordable quality rear hub but havent had a chance to ride wheels with them, 

Anything you guys can recommend? its a 24H hub with Q/R.

Many thanks

I got the same wheel set and broke the rear axle at beginning of the year when Easton was changing SA distributors and spent 3 months waiting for a new axle.

At the time I went through the same question as you, just replace the rear hub and get on with it. 

And that's when I realized that the combination of the straight pull spokes and spoke count on the wheel limited what hub you could replace it with.

And it would be better in the long run to just get a new wheel, since the HUB is the most expensive part of the wheel and there was a limited saving in the rim and the spokes.

I got the same wheel set and broke the rear axle at beginning of the year when Easton was changing SA distributors and spent 3 months waiting for a new axle.

At the time I went through the same question as you, just replace the rear hub and get on with it. 

And that's when I realized that the combination of the straight pull spokes and spoke count on the wheel limited what hub you could replace it with.

And it would be better in the long run to just get a new wheel, since the HUB is the most expensive part of the wheel and there was a limited saving in the rim and the spokes.

This.

Also, 24 spokes on a MTB rear wheel is asking for a pretzel.

Ride the current set till something breaks, then replace the wheel with something 32H and built by someone who knows what they're doing.

This.

Also, 24 spokes on a MTB rear wheel is asking for a pretzel.

Ride the current set till something breaks, then replace the wheel with something 32H and built by someone who knows what they're doing.

^^This. 

I have a chap who brought a hub in for me also same problem, I can pass you his details,took about 2 weeks to get it here very good service.

Archived