"Cycle Events"

Grapkas

Well done to Erick, This proves that the Events office is mananged properly and is willing to help where they can, however the responsibility lies with us the cyclist to ensure we get the details of races from the correct channels and READ the information section on the online entry lists properly

Erick I think it would be beneficial to all if you can give a short description of what the events office entails to the forum.

Thanking you once again.

Hi Mallo,

Good idea! We as race office manage the entries for any particular event. This also gets divided within different categories as we offer anything from online entries only, (which is basically only the entry system) to a "full race office" where we print numbers, run seeding and assist at race number pickup. On the web we try and put on as much info as possible regarding each event but there are limitations as we only know what we are given. For each of these events we will send a list of information that we require in order for us to convey as much info as possible but if we had to wait for all the info for each of these events, we will not be able to host nearly as many races online as what we do currently! Unfortunately some decisions are also made after the race goes online and this info never reaches us. Apologies for those organisers reading this that DO give us what we need, but not all of them do I'm afraid.

As far as your comment regarding "the responsibility lies with us the cyclist to ... READ" I have a theory: We believe that your optical nerves are linked directly to your bottom! The more you ride the less you are able to read! And unfortunately I'm one of them!! Embarrassed No nothing meant by that, but sometimes the info IS available but you need to read all the info to get to what YOU need.

Hope this helps? Have a GREAT day!

Thanks very much Erick, I have to admit every time i reach you, you provide all the info i need! Thanks for putting CYcle Events name right here on the hub. 

Thumbs%20UpWell done, Erick! This is the attitude that will bring riders back& back again. On a personal note, I was really well treated by efficient and friendly staff when I made a telephone enquiry. Hats off!!!Thumbs%20Up