Kranskop Classic (Druiwefees Cycle Race)

jasper

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately very LOW PROFILE.. I did find it on Jumpertrax and did enter, but the info is not forthcoming on Collection of Numbers etc. Need to also buy a Jumpertrax timing chip as Championchip is not doing the timing. Seems like there is also a limited number of entrants. 

Thanks

Any idea of route and venue?  Jumpertrax does share a lot :-(

No Idea of the route, information is scarce.

And another race in its moer, years ago this was a massive race, there was a crit afterwards where the big boys would put on a awesome show of skill.... and now its all gone.....

SA Cycling is in a sad state...

And another race in its moer, years ago this was a massive race, there was a crit afterwards where the big boys would put on a awesome show of skill.... and now its all gone.....SA Cycling is in a sad state...

I think it is because all they worry about is making more and more MONEY...

Just a thought.....it seems to me that the most successful events are those that charge a good fee and make good money. The incentive to derive profit (preferable for a positive purpose) is the best driver in providing a good product. I am happy to pay good money for a good product.

But then you get events like to upcoming Serengeti Curro school event. They want R200 to let riders ride only 30km through flat open farmlands = R6.67/km for nothing particularly good.

Just a thought.....it seems to me that the most successful events are those that charge a good fee and make good money. The incentive to derive profit (preferable for a positive purpose) is the best driver in providing a good product. I am happy to pay good money for a good product.

But then you get events like to upcoming Serengeti Curro school event. They want R200 to let riders ride only 30km through flat open farmlands = R6.67/km for nothing particularly good.

Yip, Take the carnival city race that Gerald and his guys organise, as a vet I can do 120km and the entry fee is very justifiable. Then a few weeks later we have the emperors race which uses a few of the exact same roads, its 98km and the entry fee is a lot more. Different organisers with different objectives. The organisers of the expensive race are ripping us so badly that even a top of the range pair of assos bibs wont feel comfortable.

*I cant remember the exact fees.

Being from Nylstroom from School days, I remember this race being a big event, with a crit around the old NTK buildings. Looking on in amazement how the big guns did it. I even participated as a school laaitie in the short distance on my bmx. 

My comments on this event is that is was poorly advertised, organisation was shocking. Paid R150 for 47km race, no bike marshals, traffic on the Warmbaths to Nylstroom road was terrifying, no shoulder on the road to cycle on. There was supposed to be a neutral zone from the start to out of town due to potholes and bad road surface, this was not enforced or maintained. The traffic official leading the race was not briefed about this.

Then the stuff up with the results and prize giving at the end. Under 18 kids were receiving booze as prizes...Some of the results was not even available, so much for buying another timing chip...

Pity, but I don't think I will do this race again.

• 8 months later...

The race is definitely on in 2017 again

New organizers

New sponsors

I'm Sitting in the meeting doing finalization now

The race is definitely on in 2017 again

New organizers

New sponsors

I'm Sitting in the meeting doing finalization now

Open this thread in the meeting and stream it on the projector. The organisers need to see the comments above for there to be any interest in this race going forward.

Open this thread in the meeting and stream it on the projector. The organisers need to see the comments above for there to be any interest in this race going forward.

Good advice Rookie85

The critique is Exactly what I am addressing

And another race in its moer, years ago this was a massive race, there was a crit afterwards where the big boys would put on a awesome show of skill.... and now its all gone.....SA Cycling is in a sad state...

Looks like the crit is back

Archived