[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

This:

Wife is extremely Peed off, don't usually pay almost R500pp to sleep in another guys house while he is there.

is not awesome :(

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This:

Wife is extremely Peed off, don't usually pay almost R500pp to sleep in another guys house while he is there.

is not awesome :(

Agreed.

Small town moms and pops B&B's need to get onboard with online booking services and rather pay the booking fee over. The aim should not be to smoke us on K2C weekend, but to make it attractive to come stay over again. My guess is that no matter how nice the guys house is, its not going to match up to what was initially booked and paid for.

Word for word, I  kid you not, exactly the same with my accommodation in Uniondale as what transpired with Lerouc. I had to take the room in the house as the area is already choked. Booked and paid for selfcatering and then we get a room in the house, shared toilets, no towels, and no braai. On the plus side, we are 20km along a gravel road, in the sticks. Should be cool. Sunday night we are in Mosselbay for a post race nutritional award ceremony for myself, sponsored by myself, and attended by Karoo-Lamb rib, Castle Lite and "Kaptein Skuim". I do not mind sharing my digs with the latter. 

I will not be having accommodation issues, as my lodging is secured on my parents farm in the Kammanassie. Can anyone say N I C E !

Just got an email from the guesthouse we stay at in Willowmore every year, they get the race day from K2C and setup our booking accordingly. All I do is pay the amount and arrive there on Saturday after picking up my race number.

So nice when things just work.  :thumbup:

I booked accommodation last week already. Through a online booking place. Got quotes and accepted and paid deposit. Thursday i get an email from the place asking whether we are sleeping the saturday or the sunday evening over. (saturday, night before the race)

I forward the original email the website generated for them for a quote, where they responded and which i accepted.

Didn't hear a thing. This morning i get a call saying they stuffed up my booking, after chatting for a while the lady gave the phone to someone else. There it became clear, they stuffed up, they didn't realize it was the K2C weekend. So i have an option or they refund me or i pay the new fee. I ask what is the new fee, it is more than 3 TIMES what i was quoted and accepted. (actually more like 3.5 times)

Again the phone get passed, this time to the owner of the place. He explains to me the lady made a mistake. I told him okay, the problem is i gave up other accommodation where i told the people to book someone else as i came right.

Then he tries to play on my conscious and says he is not sure how this work then because then the lady that stuffed up the quote needs to pay in the money. I then told him i work in customer service and lets say an example of a shop has one price on the item and when the cashier scans the item it says higher price on the till, which price does the customer pay?

I hear him then asking if they have some of their smaller units available and i hear the lady reply to say they are fully booked. His resolution is now, we are sleeping in his own house for the price quoted originally.

Name and shame!

Word for word, I  kid you not, exactly the same with my accommodation in Uniondale as what transpired with Lerouc. I had to take the room in the house as the area is already choked. Booked and paid for selfcatering and then we get a room in the house, shared toilets, no towels, and no braai. On the plus side, we are 20km along a gravel road, in the sticks. Should be cool. Sunday night we are in Mosselbay for a post race nutritional award ceremony for myself, sponsored by myself, and attended by Karoo-Lamb rib, Castle Lite and "Kaptein Skuim". I do not mind sharing my digs with the latter. 

jeeze sounds like we might be sharing a bed!  :eek:

Name and shame!

nah not a chance, i need that room in the house...if i name and shame now they will cancel my booking for sure.

That worries me as well. That, and who gets to use the loo first, the next morning.  If it is me, I will just deny any responsibility and plead unconsciousness.

The place we always stay in Knysa was booked for K2c in November by someone else. 6 people for one night. We are five for 2 nights. Wont be staying there again. I asked last year after K2C to pencil me in for September 2016. Now Im staying at a family friends house just a block away. MAHALA verniet. Free

• 1 month later...

If anyone is looking for accommodation in Uniondale on the Saturday, don't bother trying to book online at Bon Accord guest house. The website says there is place available, but there isn't. They apparently have to phone their web person who then has to block the date. This hasn't happened yet. 

Probably too late for this but do you know of any other places that you could recommend? I heard accommodation is scarce Uniondale side that time of year.

Edit: Accomodation other than what's listed on the K2C website as these seem fully booked already.

How does the seeding for this event work? What seeding index will be slotted in to which starting slot?

• 1 month later...

Event is sold out, but entries are still possible:

attachicon.gifDr.Evil_2016_mailer_April 12th.jpg

Usually also a large number of entries become available when people realise in August that a month is nowhere near enough time to train for the event. Its also a pity that the public holiday is on a Saturday this year.

Archived