[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one spot, well into the race, we pass a small community living right next to the start of one of the climbs. Last year there was a "well lubricated" fellow from this community (his name is Martin) who chased the ladies on their bikes, pretending he's gonna hit them on the ass. It was a good laugh. I cannot remember the name of that spot and I'm trying to tell my wife and mates, but the name eludes me. Anyone please? 

At one spot, well into the race, we pass a small community living right next to the start of one of the climbs. Last year there was a "well lubricated" fellow from this community (his name is Martin) who chased the ladies on their bikes, pretending he's gonna hit them on the ass. It was a good laugh. I cannot remember the name of that spot and I'm trying to tell my wife and mates, but the name eludes me. Anyone please? 

Maybe he was trying to touch Angie's G-Spot.......

• 3 weeks later...

One place on a shuttle from Knysna to Uniondale on the morning of the race. (R500)

One entry

2 Nights stay for 2 adults in Knysna for the Saturday and Sunday night. (Paid R600 deposit already)

All for sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing my first K2C this year.

Logistics and accommodation seem to be a pain.

Is it possible to drive from Plett to Uniondale very early (few hours before the race starts) on race day?

Pro tip if you plan to do the K2C : Book your accommodation a year in advance. 

About traveling from Plett toe Uniondale, I doubt you will be able to use the R339 as it will be closed for K2C. Unless you make use of the shuttle service from Knysna to Uniondale on the morning of the ride. 

Last year we left George at 5am with lots of cars on the road to Uniondale,rushed to register and then straight to start.No margin for error.Preferred camping the year before.Nice vibe

I would not stay further away from Uniondale than Willowmore.

I'm staying in de Rust. Lets see how it works out for my first time doing k2c.

Archived