trails at Huddle Park Golf & Recreation

wiledog_x

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very cool. I go there a lot. Its not that long but I enjoy doing a few laps anyway as the jumps and birms are fantastic :)

Its very cool. I go there a lot. Its not that long but I enjoy doing a few laps anyway as the jumps and birms are fantastic :)

How much is the entry fee?

it is great there, my closest mtb venue to home and only 20 bux. though i heard once extended it will be R60 eish....

it is great there, my closest mtb venue to home and only 20 bux. though i heard once extended it will be R60 eish....

Sjoe, 60 buks, i bloody hope not. Lets hope its just a rumour :)

Can't wait to give it a bash! How long is the MTB loop? I see they want to have 2.5 and 5km trail running loops. Not at 60 though, Modderfontein is riding distance for 50 :(

R60 would be stupid steep, but I'll reserve judgement till I've ridden it. Would be great if they have a late night once a week . Whoevers connected with the owners... Hint hint...

• 1 year later...

Is The Huddlepark MTB trail under new management because the trail is in some serious need of maintenance and attention. You still have to pay the R50 but I can't see where any of the money is going to. I've stopped using the trail because of the poor maintenance and it's very sad as it's literally 5 mins from my house.

i was there today as its also 5 mins from my house. but for R50 you dont get distance. you do get some nice laps and berms but you also get a lot of mud where they need more bridges as they know it gets muddy there. there's also a lot of broken glass on the trails which needs to be cleaned up and a few metal pieces sticking out which if you don't spot can be dangerous. they put effort into this but now let it deteriorate. maybe their focus is only golfers as it is mainly a golf venue. they're also not very friendly at the club house when paying to use the trail. definitely not worth R50. modders is also nearby and much better. the benoni country club is a good example of a golf course with a mtb trail which has a green route and red/black route and has distance too, and they charge less than R50 and maintain it very well. 

i was there today as its also 5 mins from my house. but for R50 you dont get distance. you do get some nice laps and berms but you also get a lot of mud where they need more bridges as they know it gets muddy there. there's also a lot of broken glass on the trails which needs to be cleaned up and a few metal pieces sticking out which if you don't spot can be dangerous. they put effort into this but now let it deteriorate. maybe their focus is only golfers as it is mainly a golf venue. they're also not very friendly at the club house when paying to use the trail. definitely not worth R50. modders is also nearby and much better. the benoni country club is a good example of a golf course with a mtb trail which has a green route and red/black route and has distance too, and they charge less than R50 and maintain it very well. 

Definitely not worth the R50. They offered me a bike wash the last time for R30 and when I said I didn't have the cash on me, I wasn't then even allowed to rinse my bike myself. I asked why not .... which they promptly replied that there was no water. I got quite irritated that they tried to extort money out of me. Oh well

I was there last Sunday. It is also convenient to me, but it is way overpriced. I can't see them surviving much longer.The trails are already very badly maintained and that's a bad sign.

Archived