The YT Mob: YT joins the World Cup with Aaron Gwin and Angel Suarez

News bot

lets face it..YT are very very clever..they want to infiltrate the yank market and now they have Gwinn and Cam touting their wares...i reckon they took the salary knock they paying the git to keep penetration

They're saying that the signings were within their existing marketing budget, so there was no need to change anything. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, man. Denouncing YT because of Gwin is like saying you'll never drive an AMG because Lewis Hamilton is an egomaniac. 

No no... I want to support YT, but I don't want to support Gwin... See the dilemma?

unfortunately buddy, that means, for you, no more:

Renthal

E-thirteen

ODI

SRAM

Astars

Giro

Fox

Redbull

TLD

what else?

give it all away now, or burn it. FckGwin! :P

Thing is, they all support other riders as well. LOL. I want to support a YT rider. And I want them to have all sorts of success. But I don't want Gwin to win... Aaaargh. It'd be like if Marquez started racing for Yamaha. 

unfortunately buddy, that means, for you, no more:

Renthal

E-thirteen

ODI

SRAM

Astars

Giro

Fox

Redbull

TLD

what else?

give it all away now, or burn it. FckGwin! :P

I can't help but feel the way Myles does. We all have an affinity to certain brands. Some like this. Some like that. If we assume for a minute that Gwin is a brand and not a person. Well, I don't like Gwin stuff either. 

No no... I want to support YT, but I don't want to support Gwin... See the dilemma?

Then you shout for the young Spanish dude, Myles. Moral dilemma fixed. No rule saying you must support the 'lead' rider more especially if he is a git.

Then you shout for the young Spanish dude, Myles. Moral dilemma fixed. No rule saying you must support the 'lead' rider more especially if he is a git.

That's my thinking. Will see how he's riding, but he's from an MX background, and he's already got a top 20 (Lenzerheide iirc) so he could be a good shot. 

As much as I hate to say it though, the YT has more chance of being at the top under Gwin. Gah! 

I like the new Gwin look - bearded is better for him and the race kit is better than that Spaz shite they used to wear. Go Gwinner you go boy! Angel too :-)

That's my thinking. Will see how he's riding, but he's from an MX background, and he's already got a top 20 (Lenzerheide iirc) so he could be a good shot. 

As much as I hate to say it though, the YT has more chance of being at the top under Gwin. Gah! 

nothing a moerse crash won't fix :P

I recon Gwin will absolutely dominate on that bike. He likes it and it has great reviews. I would buy a YT because Gwin chose it - not because I am a fan, just because I know he knows what he's doing...

I recon Gwin will absolutely dominate on that bike. He likes it and it has great reviews. I would buy a YT because Gwin chose it - not because I am a fan, just because I know he knows what he's doing...

The fact that he's happy with a stock frame seemed like a bold premature statement given how pedantic Gwin is. I guess there's alot of testing ahead for them. Thing is, Gwin can pin it on any bike. But in the game of inches and seconds whether he'll take any podiums on a new bike is anyone's guess really.

The fact that he's happy with a stock frame seemed like a bold premature statement given how pedantic Gwin is. I guess there's alot of testing ahead for them. Thing is, Gwin can pin it on any bike. But in the game of inches and seconds whether he'll take any podiums on a new bike is anyone's guess really.

Yeah. From what he said, though, the YT frame was pretty much exactly what he wanted the Spaz guys to change the Demo to ito geometry. 

Fully agreed on the development. And they're happy to accommodate that.