Emperors Classic 2016 (road)

Dexter-morgan

Agree with you mr. green canondale. Really need to make a plan

Eish, it was my first ride in VA so I hope I wasn't one of these guys.

But it was a good experience, despite the crazy fast first 20kms or so, it felt much safer than the open groups.

It was a good event, well done Gerald and ASG. I'll be back next year as it's right on my doorstep. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eish, it was my first ride in VA so I hope I wasn't one of these guys.

But it was a good experience, despite the crazy fast first 20kms or so, it felt much safer than the open groups.

It was a good event, well done Gerald and ASG. I'll be back next year as it's right on my doorstep.

Welcome to VA. Good that you felt safer but wont always be such an easy race in VA

Welcome to VA. Good that you felt safer but wont always be such an easy race in VA

Thanks and yes, I can imagine how tough the racing can get there  :devil:

how long for results to be updated on PPA seeding ? Interested to see if my index improves

how long for results to be updated on PPA seeding ? Interested to see if my index improves

wont as far as I know. check under Asg seeding.

wont as far as I know. check under Asg seeding.

Strange... Last years results show on Ppa seeding, I thought all Racetec timed events would count?

Nothing on ASG yet.

I would imagine it will reflect on the PPA site once Racetec have done the seeding run for Tour Durban.

I would imagine it will reflect on the PPA site once Racetec have done the seeding run for Tour Durban.

Hopefully before then, so if I did improve then I can maybe get a better start time at TD.

Although as it stands, I think i picked up a bug in Jhb which is draining me, haven't put in any time on the bike this week.

If VA is too big, the option to revert back to 5-yr age groups should be implemented - same goes for other groups. Oh, the days of 80-100 in each 5-yr age cat

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

exactly this. last years beta was 0.69. But then depends what the individuals current seeding is. For me, I will do this in hope to improve my seeding which is currently 50.

Based on last years winning time and beta, if you get a 2:45 you would end up with a seeding index of around 26.

I guess its easier to maintain the fast pace in a bunch on this flatter route so would mean more chance of getting a great time.

beta? and seeding index please explain?

Where did this happen? I rode BL & stayed upfront from Start to finish, didn't notice any crashes or mishaps! Was riding the Blue/ Black Propel with Activate Esmero kit (Blue, Yellow/ White)! Pace could have been upped, I tried a few times, but I tried to save legs for the finish. Finished 10th overall in the BL bunch.

Think it was just past the intersection where we always turned left towards Duduza. There was another one just after we turned right near Heidelberg. Lady rider came off

Think it was just past the intersection where we always turned left towards Duduza. There was another one just after we turned right near Heidelberg. Lady rider came off

Ok, hope those involved are OK!

I remember around halfway, accident with the Elite ladies.

Our bunch was neutralised until we passed...

For some of us... :whistling:

If VA is too big, the option to revert back to 5-yr age groups should be implemented - same goes for other groups. Oh, the days of 80-100 in each 5-yr age cat

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Don't agree with this. There should just be a look at lowering the seeding. I don't really care if the bunch is 100 big as long as the people in the bunch has the proper skill. 

There were a few close calls due to riders not being able to ride in the bunch at 50-60km/h and then trying to fight for top 10 position in the peloton.

I know this is impossible to control from an organizer point of view and you wont be able to change this. You will always get the odd one that is strong enough but don't have the skill. But this is just my observation from a rider point of view.

Lowest beta i have ever seen for a race 0.65 and they adjusted the winners time down. Don't expect anything drastic.

Lowest beta i have ever seen for a race 0.65 and they adjusted the winners time down. Don't expect anything drastic.

well it was the easiest race i've ever done, but my index improved by 9 so that's ok...

Archived