DHI Lourdes 9-10 Apr UCI MTB World Cup Round 1

BaltazarMarques

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that Brandon Stewart he's with in the picture? Afaik that's his brother in law. 

as I said..lots of assumptions. Put yourself in his shoes (an avid anti-doper) and then have your own brother in law implicated - very difficult scenario. that chap that put that meme together clearly has some issues. 

Isn't that Brandon Stewart he's with in the picture? Afaik that's his brother in law. Can't exactly not not be nice to him but he doesn't have to like his doping. But such is the cost of doping that it does make you think doesn't it especially about what exactly GM stands for. Like Stretch I tend to give GM the benefit of doubt given his integrity.

Its Kevin Evans not his brother in law. 

as I said..lots of assumptions. Put yourself in his shoes (an avid anti-doper) and then have your own brother in law implicated - very difficult scenario. that chap that put that meme together clearly has some issues. 

Maybe that is really it....he was vocal when it was someone he didn't knew. 

PS I know the chap that the tweet came from and he is an all round nice guy, zero issues I can assure you...he isn't star struck by who you are and calls a spade a spade, kind of refreshing

Maybe that is really it....he was vocal when it was someone he didn't knew.

PS I know the chap that the tweet came from and he is an all round nice guy, zero issues I can assure you...he isn't star struck by who you are and calls a spade a spade, kind of refreshing

Shot Rouxtjie!

Hopefully that's really the issue here for GM. A lot harder to call out a friend or a relative on such things and it defo's requires greater tact than simply tweeting something for the sake of being seen to take a stand one way or the other.

aaah thought it didnt like BS...perhaps i should have gone back to double check....ja...difficult hey.....someone comes up to you and goes "hey buddy - how about a photo?" what do you do? errr...ummmm...no thanks I dont associate with dopers...or just take the photo already so I can get out of here as fast as possible

would love to have been a fly on the wall during a stewart-minnaar family get together

Yeah....alot of speculation and a lot of assumptions....unless you where there ....you can't really say anything about it. Everybody i know that have met GM has said what a down to earth guy he is....so ill give him the benefit of the doubt

All is not as it seems on the interweb...

My opinion of GM based on interviews and media is a professional with his head screwed on 100% straight. Party hard but balance that with a pro approach to training . That said although I have my doubts he is going to take it I would not put it past him and will be cheering madly come Sunday...

back on track....looks like a little bit of rain on thursday and Friday (4mm in total).

a lot less than they had the British DH series

12912269_1020705538024278_1189939724_n.j

aaah thought it didnt like BS...perhaps i should have gone back to double check....ja...difficult hey.....someone comes up to you and goes "hey buddy - how about a photo?" what do you do? errr...ummmm...no thanks I dont associate with dopers...or just take the photo already so I can get out of here as fast as possible

would love to have been a fly on the wall during a stewart-minnaar family get together

It must be tough for him as you pointed out and dont get me wrong he looks like a lekker oke. The point is just that seeing as though he was so vocal about other dopers why is kevin evans not being given the same treatment

Yeah....alot of speculation and a lot of assumptions....unless you where there ....you can't really say anything about it. Everybody i know that have met GM has said what a down to earth guy he is....so ill give him the benefit of the doubt

All is not as it seems on the interweb...

Speculating...assumptions...benefit of what doubt?????? I think you have the wrong end of the stick bud. I am also not disputing that he is a down to earth guy. You don't need to be there to see that he has his arm around a well known local mtber that got popped for doping. Did he call him a box too? 

Anyhow....as Stretch said...lets move on. We are derailing the fred

Sam Bull got hurt this last weekend at Africa Champs. He apparenlty requires ACL surgery. Bad news on the local front.

Never been a fan of ratboy, can never understand wtf he says...

I dont dispute his talent on a bike tho. He had some (in my unsubstantiated opinion) confidence issues ever since he thought he was superman. Will be keen to see his form this season.

Bruni has big team backup, in the form of the big S. Should be good to see his performance this year. Hope the big S does not change him into too much of a corporate type racer.

Gwo? on Gwhat bike?

Mr min, should hopefully be consistent as ever.

There has to be more than a 2013 picture of a MTBr subsequently caught doping to make me stop supporting him. (till proven otherwise)

oh, and WTAF is Alcohol free April...must be a joke right?

must be...considering I have a bulls party and a wedding to attend to...whatever it is.....I have already failed..splendidly I might add

Cant wait!

Like the Syndicate boys a lot (hoping GM has another good year). Will be interesting to see what Bruni does on his new bike, pretty sure he will be awesome when the run comes together without any hiccups. I also suspect that Gee will be putting down some good runs on the new bike. No idea what Gwin is going to do, but with his aggressive style who knows?

Archived