santa cruz tallboy sizing

Schnoodle

Hi all, I am considering a sc tallboy . I am 6.3 and am deciding between a xl and a xxl frame . Anybody else have the same dilemma and what size did you eventually go for? Thanks

I am 6.0ft exactly. I went from a large Silverback to a medium SC tallboy. Found it much better. My mate is on a large at the same height and not happy

I am 6.0ft exactly. I went from a large Silverback to a medium SC tallboy. Found it much better. My mate is on a large at the same height and not happy

Change the length of the stem. Instant happiness. 

EDIT: I mean shorter, not longer.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I am not as tall as you are, but often find myself between a M and Large. I always size up to avoid having a ridiculously long seat post that looks k@k and almost always jeopardises the integrity of your frame in the seat post area.

SC have small sizing, and going by the website's geo http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/us/tallboy#geometry_size_chart I'd put you on an XXL. The XL is the same size (with a shorter reach) as my bike, and I'm 5'11" on a bad day. Pair it with a 50 mm stem and you'll be golden. Alternatively, if you went for XL, you'd want to put an 70/80mm stem on it. 

Gut feel - XXL (same as Greg Minnaar rides, and he's the same height as you) with a shorter than stock stem, because it deserves it. 

I am 1.9 and riding an Xl. You should be fine on XL but like Miles say XXL may be beter.

Bruce Reynecke Cycles in Pta has SC demo's if you can see your way in visiting them, speak to Hilton

Change the length of the stem. Instant happiness.

EDIT: I mean shorter, not longer.

SC Tallboy has a short top tube and steepish headangle by modern standards. Go wider on the bars by all means but shortening the stem is no guarantee of happiness on this bike.

At 6'3" (1.90m) the OP should be on a XL and borderline for XXL according to SC sizing for the TB frame.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SC Tallboy has a short top tube and steepish headangle by modern standards. Go wider on the bars by all means but shortening the stem is no guarantee of happiness on this bike.

At 6'3" (1.90m) the OP should be on a XL and borderline for XXL according to SC sizing for the TB frame.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Very true indeed. I'd struggle on a large tallboy, and I'm 180cm on the dot. Well, I wouldn't struggle, but the fit is far from ideal.

Im about same hight (192cm) and ride a XL with short stem and dropper just fits. The bike is a dream but I run a longer fork (130 or 140 cant remember), a 60mm stem and Spank 777 bars. 

I went for smaller to get more trail feel. The bike is the perfect all rounder as setup currently.

I add a longer stem for all day riding long distances and cleats.

Thanks chaps, I would prefer to test ride but xxls are like honest

politicians -hard to find ,hence the advice needed.

I am 1.9 and riding an Xl. You should be fine on XL but like Miles say XXL may be beter.

Bruce Reynecke Cycles in Pta has SC demo's if you can see your way in visiting them, speak to Hilton

I was there the weekend and they had no Santa Cruz stock.