G-Spot and Eden trail ripped up by motorbikes

Rouxenator

You crash a LOT more on a dirtbike. Yes the trees aren't drunk and doing 120 but they still hurt.

Also there's a LOT of admin around owning a dirtbike. 2 hours of riding is a 6 hour exercise.

pack your kit

Get the bike on the bakkie

get to the track

take the bike off

get kitted up

hopefully the bike starts

ride

take kit off

pack the bike on the bakkie

drive home

take the bike off the bakkie

wash it immediately

lube everything.

#ballache.

Sounds just like downhill MTB, WITHOUT having to push up the mountain.... :devil:  :whistling:

For those of us who enjoy our dirtbikes none of the above is a ball-ache, it's all part of the fun, more so when it's a crew of chaps and you add the social vibe too!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was riding eden side yesterday. The trails are still fine, but did find tracks here and there where some trails were cut in 2. SO now someone else will not follow the line of the trail and instead make use of the shortcut. 

Also I saw an old 230e Mercedes with a CL registration riding around on the jeep track. They stopped at the house in the forest and got out. About 5 very old people, I just turned around and left, I felt sorry they could hardly walk and 2 or 3 of them had kieiries.

On my very short trip up to Eden and G-spot yesterday most trails I rode looked in pretty descent shape. I went down G-spot and Eden middle ST 1, 2 & 3. In Eden I could see a couple of MX tracks, but none that completely messed up the route. There was one spot where an alternate line crosses the single track where they bikes ripped up and/or down causing a but of confusion as to where the proper line is supposed to be now, but this has been a recent issue with mountainbikers opting for the alternate line anyway. Nothing major. There may be more damage on the other Eden lines that I didn't check. 

At G-spot everything was perfect, kudos for fixing it all up Mister G. With all those new rollers I can't imagine the MX guys would enjoy G-spot very much anymore. They nearly claimed me a few times. It's gonna take a few more attempts to figure out their rhythm, my guess is I'm just bombing down there too fast.

Might be my imagination but it seems to me that dirt bikes are making a come back - seeing more moto's on bakkies and weird towbar racks than MTBs these days. 

Maybe its time to upgrade to an engine. There are all these nice trails already built for them. I'd love a KTM 300 2 stroke ...

:-)

I think part of the resurgence is as a result of Zone 7. Johan has put in a lot of effort and the track is always nicely prepped and watered every weekend. Makes it a lot more appealing when you know that when you get to the track it will be good to ride, rather than in the past when it was a bumpy, rutted dust bowl (summer) or mudbath (winter).

I bought a 2007 YZ125 for quite a bit less than my Camber and it provides me way more happiness when I do get to ride it. Can't live without both though!

Not sure if talking about the same spot rock guy, but here is a pic

I am standing on the trail on both and you can see how the line was altered

Not sure if talking about the same spot rock guy, but here is a pic

attachicon.gifDSC_0011.JPG

I am standing on the trail on both and you can see how the line was altered

attachicon.gifDSC_0010.JPG

Jup, that's the spot. If you don't know the real line, you could easily get confused there now. But like I said, I've seen an increase in mountainbikers taking a line similar to where the MX guys went down. That's probably a good spot to pack some logs to keep folks on the real line.

Jup, that's the spot. If you don't know the real line, you could easily get confused there now. But like I said, I've seen an increase in mountainbikers taking a line similar to where the MX guys went down. That's probably a good spot to pack some logs to keep folks on the real line.

The lines do cross on a few spots. But it doesn't take long to figure out once you've been up and down a few times. I'm assuming the MX riders caused damage that just made this more confusing. But its not as bad as I imagined. That place is always well maintained.

Dirt bikes can rip a trail to shreds in seconds. I hope they identified those responsible so nothing like this happens again. Not just for the sake of the trails. But its a serious safety concern if any MX riders are sharing the space with MTBs and hikers.

Next time I am there I will look around for some rocks and logs to place as a directional marker. Didnt think of it at the time

I am lucky because these trails are part of my dialy commute home. Every day.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I am lucky because these trails are part of my dialy commute home. Every day.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I am so Jealous. I even keep looking at houses in the area that are for sale, but jeees those prices

Archived