The Upgrade Bug

popcorn_skollie

but what if that something makes you a happier father that rides more, that in turn, makes you a healthier farther....

See what i am doing with my spindocter tricks

Flat spinning it I see!

I'm pretty healthy as is :thumbup:

I get out to ride and run often enough to keep my head clear.

I am considering buying something to be honest, yup, a 2nd hand pair of shoes on Gumtree ^_^

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "needed" road bike pedals because I was the only guy riding mtb shoes the other day on the road bike. So I find some road pedals (and shoes obvs) - Look Keo 2 Max. Great. While I'm here let me check out the S-Tracks, I here they're pretty cool compared to Shimanos (got XT and 540s). Add 2 pairs S-Tracks to cart. Dammit why? I was perfectly happy with my Shimanos!

now I'm gonna need new MTB shoes as well or another pair of S-tracks!

And that's after the new 45mm wheels for the road bike - cos they look cool!

Now who was saying cycling was cheaper than golf?

I'm pretty good in this regard. Rarely buy myself anything. I got a bike, it is looked after, it works. Nothing I put on it will make it noticeably lighter.

I usually put off buying something many times, that is IF I end up buying something. And usually its 2nd hand as well to save money. I can afford to buy new if I want, but choose not to.

I tell myself that whatever money I am/was about to spend could be better applied buying my daughters something they need/want. I'd much rather use money for the betterment of my family than on bike or other toys.

Patience my young Padawan..... Patience..... One day you will know the ways of the force

Flat spinning it I see!

I'm pretty healthy as is :thumbup:

I get out to ride and run often enough to keep my head clear.

I am considering buying something to be honest, yup, a 2nd hand pair of shoes on Gumtree ^_^

One life, Live it

I saw an ad for a Campmaster trailer from Makro and showed it to my wife. That silly, small trailer from Makro cost R10k..... R10k ?!? for that?!?

Her response? How much did you pay for the Thule platform rack again?

Well played my love..........

I saw an ad for a Campmaster trailer from Makro and showed it to my wife. That silly, small trailer from Makro cost R10k..... R10k ?!? for that?!?

Her response? How much did you pay for the Thule platform rack again?

Well played my love..........

you have a bakkie. That's what it's for - carrying bikes. 

you have a bakkie. That's what it's for - carrying bikes. 

Had my good man..... had a bakkie.....

One life, Live it

My kids' lives are much more important than mine. And with that, I'll make sure that their quality of life is as well.

got rid of it after you started using the Aoooooodi?

Me - searching for one. Bakkie, that is. 

Nah that's Mommy's car. I traded up...

Bought me a 4x4 Frontier  :thumbup:

Patience my young Padawan..... Patience..... One day you will know the ways of the force

Been riding and racing for many years mate. I got all the force I need. :thumbup:

Preparing my kids' lunch boxes and baby formula holders at night while the rest of the family sleeps gives me much more joy than pulling out a new R80k bike ever could. Handing my daughter her bottle of "choccie milk" at 2am in the morning when she asks for it and hearing that "Dankie dadda" doesn't have a price on it.

If people want to buy trick stuff for their bikes, schweet, go for it my son. Just saying that I don't suffer from that "hole in my pocket" problem ^_^

Ah, nice. New one?

Nooooo no no... Function over form. 1998 Isuzu Frontier. Done Sani and Moz already and hopefully Transkei soon as well as a few weekend valley trips. Doesn't matter if it gets a scratch or dent. 

Old faithful  :thumbup:

Nooooo no no... Function over form. 1998 Isuzu Frontier. Done Sani and Moz already and hopefully Transkei soon as well as a few weekend valley trips. Doesn't matter if it gets a scratch or dent. 

Old faithful  :thumbup:

aaaaah, that is a lot more in line with the Gregg I know. LOL.

Me - looking at an early Hilux / Isuzu 320 / nissan hardbody v6 / ford v6. 

Been riding and racing for many years mate. I got all the force I need. :thumbup:

Preparing my kids' lunch boxes and baby formula holders at night while the rest of the family sleeps gives me much more joy than pulling out a new R80k bike ever could. Handing my daughter her bottle of "choccie milk" at 2am in the morning when she asks for it and hearing that "Dankie dadda" doesn't have a price on it.

If people want to buy trick stuff for their bikes, schweet, go for it my son. Just saying that I don't suffer from that "hole in my pocket" problem ^_^

Awesome man

I'm pretty good in this regard. Rarely buy myself anything. I got a bike, it is looked after, it works. Nothing I put on it will make it noticeably lighter.

I usually put off buying something many times, that is IF I end up buying something. And usually its 2nd hand as well to save money. I can afford to buy new if I want, but choose not to.

I tell myself that whatever money I am/was about to spend could be better applied buying my daughters something they need/want. I'd much rather use money for the betterment of my family than on bike or other toys.

Trust me when I say that I know exactly what you are talking about. Family comes first.

Spoiling the wife and kids far outweighs any bike part in my book. I just feel like that goes without saying. For any of us for that matter.

The same with our time. The fact that most of us wake up before dawn to squeeze a ride in so we can be home early enough to spend most of the day with our families is testament to that. The ridiculously priced doll that made your daughters eyes light up in the toy store. Only for her toss it aside about a few days later. That dress and matching shoes you can't even pronounce. The wife had you spend hours slogging bags around only for her to wear it once and tell you a few weeks down the line...I have nothing to wear. But this isn't about them is it? She wants those shoes as much as I want this stem. Maybe even for the same trivial reason.

As anecdotal as Rouxtjie's comment may have been I think the man raises a valid point. 

I can be pretty stoked when I get home after some time out at the beach or trails.

Sometimes I'm so high on stoke I come home and say things like.

Hey, lets book tickets for that chick flick you wanted to go see with your friends. Just you and me. I'm sure my mom wont mind watching the kids tonight. 

Archived