RIP: The ability to overtake on an MTB

If I were you, I would take that bike, ride around and race people with more expensive bikes! Make sure you beat them, get a sense of satisfaction about them and their bank owned Fortuners. Apparently its awesome!

Looool!!! haha well done dude, yeah I was in a ranting mood that day. No harm, no foul. :thumbup:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an idea to the race organisers.

How about A and B line singletrack sections every few hundred meters. Then the racing snakes with the skills can overtake the slow rider trains that seems to frustrate so many riders.

XCO and #Enduro have multiple line choices.

Funny enough it's amazing how when you catch a slower rider in an enduro - when the race time is really short and therefore counts a lot - they are 100% more likely to politely help you pass than in a marathon race or even a casual Sunday ride at your local trail.

At the hill2hill a week or 2 ago, I had a guy go past me on a slippery piece of downhill singletrack, without warning me that he was there. I actually got a moerse fright when suddenly this oke came past. I could easily have moved a bit to the left to avoid obstacles (not knowing he was coming up behind me), and we both would've crashed. He proceeded to pass another 3 riders in front of me in the same fashion. At the next water table I happened to be behind this oke again. He stopped in the middle of the flippen road to have his water or whatever he took from the table, then threw the cup on the ground about 60m from the waterpoint. I know I should've told him to pick it up, but by this time I was tired and gatvol and not in the mood for a fight

My point is, he made a plan to pass slower riders, but without warning them he's doing so. Stopping in the middle of the road for a drink and littering means he's just a Dick.

Archived