[Event] Nissan Trailseeker GP #1 LIONMAN

VeloErv

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something seems to be missing in the results of Marathon.

Only 332 finishers?

My result is missing. Registered at the event and had to go back to fetch the stickers.

Person behind the desk was not that clued up at all.

Looking at the Elite rider's times seemed it was pretty fast.

About a 34km/h average?

Results seem to be a big stuff up!

I have no result. Did not see anyone at the finish that scanned the finishers.

Also see the the top 5 riders got a sub 2h ride on the marathon which cant be correct. Gawie who finished 4th shows a time of 1h56min but according to his Strava he did it in 2h28min which is a more believable time for a race like that. 

Results seem to be a big stuff up!

I have no result. Did not see anyone at the finish that scanned the finishers.

Also see the the top 5 riders got a sub 2h ride on the marathon which cant be correct. Gawie who finished 4th shows a time of 1h56min but according to his Strava he did it in 2h28min which is a more believable time for a race like that. 

My point exactly.

Max could get a Sub2 - he is a climbing Beast. the climbs were rideable. The rest very fast as the sand was wet and not loose.

I hope the timing gets resolved, I imagine somebody at SAS has a very full inbox

Edited by Li Mu Bai

My result in the 70 not there and my kids result in the 20 not there ... sent an email ...waiting for reply.... the results seem to be a problem this year? The route was great this year...a proper challenge...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Max could get a Sub2 - he is a climbing Beast. the climbs were rideable. The rest very fast as the sand was wet and not loose.

I hope the timing gets resolved, I imagine somebody at SAS has a very full inbox

I doubt it.

I have never seen a sub 2h on any Trailseeker marathon. If you have a look at the top rider's profiles on SA Seeding you will see that even the easier Trailseekers like Hazeldean which is much flatter are all over 2h.

The Half Marathon timing seems to be a stuff-up as well.  Seems that all the A-batch riders got a 10-12 min "discount" on there times, compared to Strava!

Route was exactly the same for A-batch compared to the rest of the batches, and no standing time during the race. So why the adjustment?

Advendurance hosted a good event, but got it totally wrong on their timing.

Arno du Toit who finished 3rd has a time of 1h56min according to SA Seeding and according to Strava 2h31min.

We where 7 people who traveld together and only one got a resault.

We paid our money for the entry and had a great ride and no resaults.

I dont do much seeded races so the ones i do must count and now they mess it all up.

We where 7 people who traveld together and only one got a resault.

We paid our money for the entry and had a great ride and no resaults.

I dont do much seeded races so the ones i do must count and now they mess it all up.

Half Marathon - Top 3 riders

1. Henry Liebenberg: 1:09:21 (SAS) vs 1:21:42 (Strava)

2. Wessel Botha: 1:09:22 (SAS) vs 1:21:43 (Strava)

3. Marc Pritzen: 1:09:24 (SAS) vs 1:21:40 (Strava)

The first rider with a result that seems to compare to their Strava times is Tian Coetzee in 93th position: 1:29:37 (SAS) vs 1:28:31 (Strava).

I really enjoyed this race.

Started the Half in C, up from G last year.

Finished in 1:46, 13 min faster than last year. 

I'm happy!

thought this was a fantastic day out! route change and water points on 67km were great- (far more flowing and well stocked/ friendly staff), really enjoyed the single track and overall experience, even the climbs in the last 10km, the new timing method may need some refinement- but much quicker than in the past, as with any new system may need to improve, but concept and roll-out of new method much better.

My results are in... and my kids ...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk