DHI Fort William 4-5 June UCI MTB World Cup Round 3

Nick

Danny Hart has kicked off the pre-event hype with this helmet cam course run:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting result from this weekend's BDS.

Danny Hart

Gee Atheton

Loic Bruni

Remi Thirion

Sure Gwinn and the rest of the circus must come in to town, but Danny Hart is having one of his better seasons this year.

Rachel utterly smashed the field (and was sure to tell everyone how far she had beaten everyone...jeez that family I tell you), so no surprises there.

I am just surprised to see Hart take 4+ seconds from Bruni.  Local knowledge for sure, but still.

Also, I wonder whether this weekend's massive podium for Sam Hill at EWS might be the kick up the arse that his confidence needed?  I hope so.  My fantasy league points also hope so.

I reckon when the chips are down it's going to be Gwin, Minnaar, Bruni, Atherton, AN Other on the podium.

If the syndicate can figure out their form of the last two races. Let's hope they get their stuff together!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Much as i like the longer tracks - the longer the better IMO, isn't FW getting a bit boring year after year? I'd love to see more different tracks and a new venue in the UK. That said can't wait for the next race...

If this weekend is anything to go by... Rachel is going to Thrash it again

Nice memorial to Steve on the weekend though

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Much as i like the longer tracks - the longer the better IMO, isn't FW getting a bit boring year after year? I'd love to see more different tracks and a new venue in the UK. That said can't wait for the next race...

I would also like some more tracks...more races would be better☺

I think Fort Bill and MSA are so nostalgic they're locked in.

Saw a clip on INstagram of Danny Hart crossing the line at the BDS and them announcing he'd beaten Gee.  I was surprised to see Gee applaud Danny and looking genuinely happy for the guy.  Guess I got him all wrong :blush:

talking of last week's BDS at Fort William...I was absolutely astounded when I saw this prize money for 3rd in the ladies...thats like a kick in the proverbial gonads

13108720_541215002728086_700200162_n.jpg

talking of last week's BDS at Fort William...I was absolutely astounded when I saw this prize money for 3rd in the ladies...thats like a kick in the proverbial gonads

That's only a third of a carbon wheel if I have my prices right. Or a part of a seat on a flight, or a part fill of the team's official vehicle. One would certainly hope the UCI gives more than that. I couldn't quite believe it when I saw it. Now you know why Tracey Hannah called it quits for a while.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

#phone_me_before_you_try_to_cash_that_cheque

Does that even cover the entry fee?

Still way better than the prize money at our nationals.

Seeing reports that Loic is out of Fort William and Leogang after a crash in training.

• 2 weeks later...