2017 UCI MTB World Cup event schedule released

News bot

6-event world cup series + 1 x world champs.

one less event in the world cup series than this year, and strangely, it's Lenzerheide. Does the DH track need a rest or something? it's practically still brand spanking new. I hope its a misprint.

Is that the final list ?

Can't say. It's just what is on their calendar. I haven't seen them announce it officially yet.

I would hazard a guess that it will likely be the final list.

6 XCO and 6 DH. fair across the disciplines so thats a plus. - you may find that funding is a bit tight or something.

Interesting though that Lenzerheide isnt in there as they have the World Champs in 2018 scheduled already , and you generally use the year befores World Cup as a "test" to iron out any issues before worlds itself. 

Maybe its a funding issue from their side that they need to keep money aside for World Champs. ...

What, Cascades not good enough for them any longer? Are we expected to support this idiocy? A World Cup / World Championship for the elitist Europeans only?

If Greg Minnaar is not there, I ain't supporting it no longer.

I heard a rumour that there is one more track to be added (pinkbike source) , maybe it will be lenzerheide

What, Cascades not good enough for them any longer? Are we expected to support this idiocy? A World Cup / World Championship for the elitist Europeans only?

If Greg Minnaar is not there, I ain't supporting it no longer.

Cool your jets. So much anger for a Friday.

Do you know what it costs these teams to travel all over the globe to race? It makes a lot more financial and logistical sense to have the majority of the racing in Europe.